Worx Chopper

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Worx Chopper

Post by reible »

I was trying to use my dremel tool for a project and it wasn't really designed for that sort of job and then the switch/speed control failed. I did get it repaired but had to make do with a bit of a make the new part fit physically issue but still it working again so that was only a wake up to me wanting a tool that was right for the job.

Well the Menard's store carries this Worx brand of tool and they had pretty much what I had in mind. On top of that it was on sale. So I sprung for the WX801L chopper. I comes with the tool and battery along with this very slow charge and a small collection of wheels. The battery is a 20V and it will work with what they call their "Power Share" system of other tools.
chopper.jpg
chopper.jpg (135.83 KiB) Viewed 514 times
chopper2.jpg
chopper2.jpg (154.51 KiB) Viewed 514 times
It has a 3 year warranty if you register, other wise two years. I didn't read the details so if this is important to you you might want to check out worx.com.

I went ahead and purchased a different cutter for it which is what is mounted on it now. They are basically a grinding wheel/cutter. I was doing some cutting so I wanted a little different version then the couple that came with it. I might have gotten by without spending the extra money but who knows.

Had it been summer I could have just used my air grinder that is a lot like this but in winter getting hoses, air compressor and dealing with oil wasn't going to happen. As it turned out I found that I like the little tool and even in summer I will be a lot more likely to reach for it then the air system.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Worx Chopper

Post by reible »

In case this attracted your attention this is the link at Menard:

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/powe ... 93&ipos=13

If you scroll down there is a link to the manual as well as other details that will cover most of the points I glossed over.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]