Shopsmith

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cewthebest
Bronze Member

Shopsmith

Post by cewthebest »

I have a chance to buy a shopsmith power station for a $100.00. It has the scroll saw attachment on it. Is this a good and fair price. Any feedback will be appreciated. It looks like it's in good condition.
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith

Post by dusty »

If I had that opportunity, I would buy it. The power station motor alone is worth that much.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

Me too. I wouldn't even blink.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I have bought 2 of those Power Station/Scroll Saw combinations and the cheapest was $130.00 which I thought was an extremely good deal. I called on it the minute I saw it. Even the first set I bought at $225 was a great deal. I should add they were all in good working order. So unless both the Power Station and Scroll Saw are Junkers I would go for it.

As Dusty said,
The power station motor alone is worth that much.
A new Power Station motor is currently over $300.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Na , dont buy it you should let me take care of it and I will let you know if it was worth it .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)