Another TSO Innovation

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sehast
Gold Member

Another TSO Innovation

Post by sehast »

TSO just announced a new Power-Loc Bench Connector Dog.

https://tsoproducts.com/bench-dogs/powe ... a9aa#video

Nice not to have to reach underneath the table but as with all TSO products you will have to pay for that luxury.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Another TSO Innovation

Post by RFGuy »

Yeah, I saw these as well in my email this morning. I believe Ed (reible) reported on these a while back. It says these are "new", so is this a re-release of them? What has changed?
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Ron Paulk had a video this morning. The original inventor of these partnered with or sold to TSO. So, "new" to TSO to include a few improvements over the original.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

will they would work on Roubo style bench with a thick top ? unless they make them a lot longer ? also how much damage to the underside of the bench will they eventually cause around the holes ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:27 pm will they would work on Roubo style bench with a thick top ? unless they make them a lot longer ? also how much damage to the underside of the bench will they eventually cause around the holes ?
These aren't meant to be "normal" bench dogs so probably not suited for a Roubo bench. I believe TSO made these for Ron Paulk for his Smart Workbench that he sells. The idea is to use these to connect a sub-MFT on top of a main MFT, but of course customers may find other uses for these.
SmartConnectDog.jpg
SmartConnectDog.jpg (4.79 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Last edited by RFGuy on Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I've not been 100% happy with mine. When you take them out sometimes they hang up. The lever retracts but can still be out enough to catch.

This has had some changes done to it so maybe that is fixed, have to see if can work another pair in this year. They are handy if you are set up to use them.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Thanks Ed. I was debating whether I could use these or not in my shop. I have a fence on my custom MFT that I considered using these for to lock it down semi-permanently, so I thought these could be a good option. Going to hold off on ordering a set of these since you weren't totally happy with the 1st gen set. Thanks for the feedback.
📶RF Guy