Kapex Miter Saw Miterfast Angle Transfer Device

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Kapex Miter Saw Miterfast Angle Transfer Device

Post by reible »

This comes with the Kapex 120 so if you buy the saw at that point the cost is not relevant. I have and had a couple of other like devices the latest from bora. You can find that here:

https://www.amazon.com/530401-Duplicati ... 341&sr=8-2

But I've now started to use the Festool version and while I doubt many will want to add that to their tool box at $190 I did want to make you aware of it and I have to say it is a wonderful tool.

I'm doing a bathroom renovation and am using the tool and kapex to cut the trim, an improvement over my older systems by far.

I know some of you may not be tuned into such tools so I shot a few pictures while setting up for a cut today. First you use the tool in the corner and it automatically does the division of the angle. You then take the tool to the saw and using the laser you can align it to the markings on the tool, this is where having a laser on the saw comes into its own.
miter1.jpg
miter1.jpg (194.81 KiB) Viewed 609 times
miter2.jpg
miter2.jpg (116.58 KiB) Viewed 609 times
Now you can see the fact the corner was not 90 degrees and this is typical. Just take a look:
miter3.jpg
miter3.jpg (86.71 KiB) Viewed 609 times
There are plenty of youtube videos on the subject so if this has peaked your interest do a search........

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
sonalford
Bronze Member

Re: Kapex Miter Saw Miterfast Angle Transfer Device

Post by sonalford »

I'm renovating a bathroom and am cutting the trim with the tool and kapex, which is a vast improvement over my previous techniques.