Neutral Vane Technology, now I'm up to date

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Neutral Vane Technology, now I'm up to date

Post by reible »

I have just upgraded my Ultimate Dust Deputy Systainer Cyclone Separator Kit with the newest technology. Since I have no way of really telling how much difference it makes I will only say it does seem better, but that might be my wishful thinking. I just emptied the waste bin so I know it better but some of that might be due to the almost empty bin.

I took a picture of the vane, I think if you look you can see the port where the hose to the tool comes in on the side if you can't I can try and point it out later.
vein.jpg
vein.jpg (68.51 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Neutral Vane Technology, now I'm up to date

Post by RFGuy »

Ed,

Thanks. Good to know. Yeah, I saw something on this online a while back (maybe a YouTube video). I think someone showed a measurement that indicated it did improve cyclone performance for the Dust Deputy. It is supposed to make the inlet airflow less turbulent. If I can find the info I saw on it before, I will come back and post it here. I have even seen some try to add their own neutral vane to their cyclone to have the same effect...
Last edited by RFGuy on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Neutral Vane Technology, now I'm up to date

Post by JPG »

:D Dimensions would be "nice".
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange