Klein Tools Digital Angle Gauge and Level

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Klein Tools Digital Angle Gauge and Level

Post by dusty »

The latest and greatest Klein version would be most useful (to me) when measuring where rise and run (cutting stair risers or rafters) is involved.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

RFGuy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:01 pm David,

Thanks. I hadn't seen that version either of the Klein. I wonder if it has magnets on just the bottom or on the other sides as well.
I think they are just on the bottom, so it might not be ideal for woodworking. It may not attach well to the side of TS blade, for example.

- David
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I didn't realize this until I checked the specification sheets but it looks like the Klein 935DAG is more accurate than my Wixey Digital Angle Gauge. The Klein is accurate to 0.1°over the following ranges: 0° to 1°, 89° to 91°, 179° to 180°. For all other angles it is accurate to 0.2°.

By comparison, the Wixey is rated at 0.2° over the entire range of angles.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

edma194 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:11 am That's got a pretty good orientation graphic on the display plus a rotation indicator. It's available at Home Depot and Amazon, and it has decent reviews. Not sure I want one, might end up obsessing on things being slightly off vertical.
😂😂😂
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser