Worx WX066 Sidekick Portable Work Table

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Worx WX066 Sidekick Portable Work Table

Post by reible »

I'm a sucker for having smaller portable work surfaces, especially if they don't weigh much and are reasonably sturdy. So I had been eyeing up this work table for a while before I pulled the trigger and got one.

Bottom line I'm pretty happy with it.

Actually most of the comments I have are positive ones. Weight is 13 pounds, no I did not weigh it but I'll take their word for it. The top folds in half and the legs fold and fit by sticking out both ends in what is like a brief case. There are a couple latches to keep it together while moving it or when it is stored.

When set up the top is 24" x 24" and it stands 32" high. There is no height adjustment or extensions to make it taller. The legs are metal and they claim it can hold 300 pounds, not planning to test that. There is no provisions for leveling so that is something to keep in mind depending on where you plan to use it.

The holes in the top are 3/4" rather then the 20mm that I would prefer. If you have another tool that uses the 3/4" like the old B&D workmate those parts should work.

Clamping to the underside of the table is not a great experience. When we get to the pictures you will see why. This is my least favorite part of the table.

Price wasn't too bad, I had hoped to see a sale on them but it never happened. List price is $69 but you can get it a for a few less dollars if you look around.

It is small enough to carry even when set up. The table locks to the legs so everything stays together. Nice if you have some work to do in the backyard then need to move to another location, no need to take it apart to move it. It is also handy in the house when you find it easier to set this up and work on smaller projects but still want a work surface.

It is also easy to pop in the back of the car or van or truck to take somewhere. I haven't done that yet but I'm thinking the next time I wash and wax the car it will be by my side holding the cans of wax and the rags.
worx1.jpg
worx1.jpg (290.22 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
worx2.jpg
worx2.jpg (317.23 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
worx3.jpg
worx3.jpg (227.73 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
worx4.jpg
worx4.jpg (183.5 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
worx5.jpg
worx5.jpg (340.07 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
I think the photo speak for themselves but if you have questions please ask.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Re: Worx WX066 Sidekick Portable Work Table

Post by roy_okc »

reible wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:39 pm When set up the top is 24" x 24" and it stands 32" high. There is no height adjustment or extensions to make it taller. The legs are metal and they claim it can hold 300 pounds, not planning to test that. There is no provisions for leveling so that is something to keep in mind depending on where you plan to use it.

The holes in the top are 3/4" rather then the 20mm that I would prefer. If you have another tool that uses the 3/4" like the old B&D workmate those parts should work.
Ed,

That's an interesting table, thanks for posting, I may have to pick one up at some point. There is a video review on Amazon's page that shows the reviewer modifying the table to address the above two issues. Not sure the inserts would be a good option or not; it appeared to me that there wasn't much material to grab, but maybe there is more than I could see.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes: