Jointech...Again + some forum info

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DZIN
Gold Member

Jointech...Again + some forum info

Post by DZIN »

First the forum info. I had to re register because I forgot my password and, couldn't get the site to help me get a new one. My user name is now DZIN. Phonetic spelling of Gene. Used to be Gene Howe.
Now, the Jointech stuff.
As I posted previously, When we moved from N. AZ to the Tucson area, I totally disassembled the Jointech. Now, I'm trying to get it back together. I'm reasonably certain that I have all the parts and pieces including the nuts and bolts. But, this old man's memory ain't so good no more.
The manuals found online are not a lot of help as none I've found are for the Shopsmith. Can anyone point me to an online source for help? I need to see specifically how the tables are mounted and what nuts and bolts go where. Of course, if anyone is close by, on hands help would be Awsome. We'll feed ya, put you up for a day or two, and supply you with the beverage of your choice!
Hey Ed in IL, it's only 1200 miles and probably 50°+ warmer.
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Jointech...Again + some forum info

Post by reible »

I haven't been more then 50 miles from home the last few years......... but the warmth does sound nice.

I have the 520 version and if I remember right you have the 500 version, if so I don't think I can be of much help. I will check the information they sent me to see if it covers the other versions or just the 520.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
DZIN
Gold Member

Post by DZIN »

Many thanks, Ed. The differences might be slight enough that I may be able to use your info.
I sure would appreciate any help!
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Sorry to say but I don't think the couple of pages of information on the 520 version will be of much use. I will scan then later and if possible post them here(size restrictions here).

I guess you have no idea where your manual is hey?

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

And here they are:
IMG_20211120_0001.jpg
IMG_20211120_0001.jpg (236.88 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
IMG_20211120_0002.jpg
IMG_20211120_0002.jpg (241.25 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
IMG_20211120_0003.jpg
IMG_20211120_0003.jpg (198.45 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
IMG_20211120_0004.jpg
IMG_20211120_0004.jpg (211.17 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Ed
DZIN
Gold Member

Post by DZIN »

Many thanks, Ed. Those pages will be a great help. And, you're right. My manual is nowhere to be found. :-(
DZIN
Gold Member

Post by DZIN »

One more favor, if you could. Please post a photo of your completed set up. I can't remember the relative positions of the tables. Specifically, the router table. And, if you wouldn't mind being bothered further, could you PM me your phone#. I know other questions will come up. And, thanks so much, again.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I think was maybe 3 years ago shopsmith was selling off the old front rails for the 520's. I got two of them, one for the main table and another for the router table. I also was given an old front rail for the extension table. The idea was to convert to those rails since that is what the Jointech was designed for. I had been using it on the existing newer magnetic rails but wanted to change for the security of a better fit.

I have had a dedicated 520 for the Jointech since the day I got the system. I got a dual tilt kit for that 520 and wanted to upgrade to that also.

Then while over thinking or perhaps correctly thinking about it I decided to get an additional mail table and mount the old rails to it. This would then be set up to mount to either 520.

I got started by taking things apart, but that is where I stalled out. I have a main table without rails, a router table with old rails still but not aligned and well almost none of the dual tilt kit installed. And it has just set that way for maybe 2 years now. I did briefly start working on it again this fall but didn't get very far.

So as a result I now have my second 520 in pretty much a non usable state and the Jointech in a totally unable state. So I'm pretty much in the same state as you except I have my manual.

A typical set up for me was from left to right, extension table, router table, main table and then possibly a second extension table depending on the reach I needed and or if I was mounting to it. The fence mounted to the right side.

When I have some more time I will check to see if I ever posted any pictures here of my set up........

Ed
DZIN
Gold Member

Post by DZIN »

Many thanks, Ed. If you could have your manual copied, I'd gladly reimburse you for your time and costs involved in copying and mailing it. If you think $50 would cover it, I'll get it in the mail to you as soon as I have your address. I hate to have to ask so much of you and I'm so appreciative of you invaluable help. Thanks, again!!!
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

PM me an email address and I will send a pdf of the Saw Train owners manual. This is generic for table saw retrofit kits but it might help.

Ed