Question : Grizzly Growler

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: Question : Grizzly Growler

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:21 pm will you be adding any inlets or increasing the size of the inlets or outlets to the system ? JMO as long as the running load amp draw is with in its limit the motor should work ?

=============
My experience with dust collectors goes way back to the 70's so my comments may be out dated , our collection duct was 6 inch and had several damper ports that could be closed when not in use , I recall there being a issue when most of them were completely closed with the motor amp draw , and over heating , also if they were all open the vacuum was weak and the working load was increased on the motor , it was a beast , the containment system was a large hopper out side with 55 gallon drums that had to be emptied and cleaned every day . lol that was one of my jobs . I assume the same applies for every system regardless of size , if you intend on adding any new pieces of eq planning ahead may save you time and money . If I could suggest go bigger than you need , you can all ways open a damper a little ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Question : Grizzly Growler

Post by bainin »

I also came across this Jet separator..which is an interesting approach...but I saw too many people complaining that it
has a tendency to get choked up on long shreddings that come from tools like a jointer/planer.

https://www.jettools.com/us/en/new-prod ... separator/