Graco Truecoat Plus Electric Paint Sprayer

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Graco Truecoat Plus Electric Paint Sprayer

Post by tomsalwasser »

I just finished a small painting project with the Graco Truecoat Plus electric paint sprayer. This is a great tool for small project painting. It's a new design from Graco that is self contained, no air compressor needed. It comes in cordless or corded. I have the corded model, I don't need another set of batteries to charge and I saved $100. This sprayer is different in that it does not require the product to be thinned. It just atomized some latex paint that was as thick as pancake batter into a flawless finish on a dresser I made out of MDF. Clean up is simple, but let's face it, you're still working with paint so you need to clean up a bit. It's a lot less to clean up than messing up a roller and pan (2 coats) and the finish will put a smile on your face in only 1 coat. Overspray is minimal, I just hang a blue tarp from the wall. I really like this gun and it is made in the USA. Downsides? Price for one. The unit I have costs $250 from Amazon or Lowes, and it has a life span of 50 gallons. It can then be rebuilt for another 50 gallons. I would not use this for painting your house. But for occasional furniture projects like I do it's just about perfect.

Best,
Tom