Power Station Buckeye Dennis Upgrade

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Power Station Buckeye Dennis Upgrade

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

rbucket wrote:I have the dimension drawing available and would like to make it available as a PDF file so that it can be printed and used as a template.

How can I attach a PDF file?

If not attachable, can it be made available on the forum as a download?

Thanks,
Awesome! I'd tell you how to attach the file, but I use an alternative forum view, and can't figure out how to revert to the default Shopsmith view from my iPad. See if you have an "attachments" tab somewhere on your view. If so, click it and look for an "Add files" button or similar.

If that doesn't work, someone will chime in shortly with the correct procedure.
claimdude
Gold Member

Post by claimdude »

Click on full editor under the reply window. Below the reply window you type in is a tab labeled "Options" and next to "Options" is the "Attachments", click Attachments and you will find a button labeled "Add Files". Hope that works.

Jack
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

45 Degree Jig.pdf
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
If small enough.

Browse for the .pdf file the same as for a .jpg file.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rbucket
Silver Member

Post by rbucket »

Image[/url][/img]

Here's the drawing.

Please note that this is a template and that the holes are for center reference, you do not need to cut them out.

I am having difficulty making a PDF of the drawing. It keeps reducing the size.

The 2" angle I used is by Hillman and bought at Lowes: Item

1/8 x 2 x 3Ft #44173 Hillman $12.98

Also needed to replace the 1/2" Socket Head Cap screws 4 each

Use Lowes

5/16 x 18 - 1" Socket Head Cap Screw $1.15 for 2 each
MKV 510 (August 1989)
Power Station (2)
Scroll Saw
Band Saw
Edge Sander
Jointer
rbucket
Silver Member

Post by rbucket »

Give me another day or two and I'll get a PDF posted that you can use for a template.

Thanks,
MKV 510 (August 1989)
Power Station (2)
Scroll Saw
Band Saw
Edge Sander
Jointer
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

If one is concerned re accurate locations etc, a template is not a good choice.

The dimensions are quite adequate.

BTW Note 2 is redundant. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rbucket wrote:Give me another day or two and I'll get a PDF posted that you can use for a template.

Thanks,
If I was to make these I would not use a template. Your dimensions are all that is needed and I believe I can mark and drill/cut more accurately by not using a template. Now, I would change my approach and use a template of sorts if I was going to run a production like. Not for one or two.

To proof your drawing, I built the whole thing in Sketchup. I had doubts when I started because I did not see clearance for the bolt heads or nuts.

Note: Drawing depicts four Cap Head bolts which is not the required hardware and the bolts are not properly oriented. Reference the photo image contained in the thread. Verify clearance and orientation was the purpose of these drawings.

Well done. Excellent job.
Attachments
No Vibration Bracket Verification.png
No Vibration Bracket Verification.png (135.01 KiB) Viewed 7394 times
No Vibration Bracket Verification Build.png
No Vibration Bracket Verification Build.png (123.9 KiB) Viewed 7392 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rbucket
Silver Member

Post by rbucket »

Here's the PDF

Note that the dimensions shown are larger than those actually on the drawing. My scanner is shrinking the images...
Attachments
SS Brace.pdf
(36.94 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
MKV 510 (August 1989)
Power Station (2)
Scroll Saw
Band Saw
Edge Sander
Jointer
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

At one time, I had a good dimensioned sketch of my brackets, but now I can't find it. But I did find the Sketchup file of it that I made while trying to learn Sketchup. I remember fighting with the program trying to get the appearance the way I wanted it. As far as I can recall I was able to get the dimensions I wanted, but no guarantees on that, for sure.

There are enough differences between my dimensions and rbucket's that I'm wondering if there were production changes in the machine somewhere along the line. To anyone who wants to make stiffener brackets for their own Power Station, I'd recommend measuring your own machine. Once you pull off the motor and the variator housing, the sheet metal top of the stand shows all of the critical hole-spacing dimensions.

For what it's worth, here's my own crude Sketchup model.
Stiffener bracket.JPG
Stiffener bracket.JPG (73.53 KiB) Viewed 7330 times
Edit: I just checked this against my own photo, and my sketchup model doesn't seem to match reality. Sure wish I could find my original sketch! When I get a chance, I'll measure the brackets on my Power Station and see if they match rbucket's drawing.
rbucket
Silver Member

Post by rbucket »

[Image[/url][/img]

Here's my last on this string.

Also, this PDF should print in actual size.

Thanks,
Attachments
machine bracket - letter.pdf
(389.25 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
MKV 510 (August 1989)
Power Station (2)
Scroll Saw
Band Saw
Edge Sander
Jointer