Joint Matic table ideas photos

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Now some photos of the real one.
[ATTACH]2766[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2767[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2768[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2769[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2770[/ATTACH]

One more picture to come on the next posting

Ed
Attachments
bmg11.jpg
bmg11.jpg (116.04 KiB) Viewed 12448 times
bmg12.jpg
bmg12.jpg (139.19 KiB) Viewed 12449 times
bmg13.jpg
bmg13.jpg (128.81 KiB) Viewed 12442 times
bmg14.jpg
bmg14.jpg (134.04 KiB) Viewed 12448 times
bmg15.jpg
bmg15.jpg (127.02 KiB) Viewed 12432 times
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

And now the last one of these.
[ATTACH]2771[/ATTACH]

Ed
Attachments
bmg16.jpg
bmg16.jpg (144.23 KiB) Viewed 12433 times
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

curiousgeorge wrote:Rick,
From what I have heard and seen the MLCS table is a good deal. Especially with the free shipping MLCS offers.

Dusty,
How about just using T-Track for the Vertical support slots? Here is a pic of one a guy made on the Router Forums...
Thank you, George. This looks very interesting.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

bringing this thread back from the dead.

Ed (or any jointmatic users) - could you post some photos of the raising mechanism? I thought I took some, but can't seem to find them. Just want to get this bad boy back into normal working order....which means getting the parts in the right order ;)
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:You know, these don't look like they would be hard to build at all. The hard part would be finding some sort of track (the vertical supports) to move the router plate up and down on.

A pair of 520 front rails would work great. Problem is they are almost as expensive as the rigs that have been referenced here.
Think smaller. Think RAS rails. 3/8" round rod(mounted to sides) and curved face casters on the slide(or pairs mounted at an angle to form a 'v'..
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

[quote="damagi"]bringing this thread back from the dead.

Ed (or any jointmatic users) - could you post some photos of the raising mechanism? I thought I took some, but can't seem to find them. Just want to get this bad boy back into normal working order....which means getting the parts in the right order ]

Hi,

Not much to see from the back but let me know just what you want to see and I will take some pictures for you.

Ed
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

reible wrote:Hi,

Not much to see from the back but let me know just what you want to see and I will take some pictures for you.

Ed
Thanks ed. I need detail photos of the raising mechanism. ie: a shot from the back of the unit with the handle and the rod.

I want to make sure I get the nuts and such in the right order, and make sure I am not missing a washer or anything.

Where is the wave washer on yours?

Thanks!
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Picture one shows the crank with slide sleeve, then (larger) black nylon washer.

[ATTACH]14777[/ATTACH]

Picture two show the underside starting with the (smaller) black nylon washer, washer (not on parts list) , hex nut, and jam nut.

[ATTACH]14778[/ATTACH]

Picture three shows the spring washer, it is on top of the bushing nut, the adjusting nut was turn way up so you can see the washer. When adjusted the washer is hidden.

[ATTACH]14779[/ATTACH]

The forth and last shot of this post shows the bushing nut. Please note that the slidee you see is a repaired one. A former user did the repair and so far it has held up. To be on the safe side I purchased another one just in case. This was the down fall of the Joint-matic I think, Slide should have been made of metal or they should have used the original dual drives...

[ATTACH]14780[/ATTACH]

Anyway make sure you get that adjustment set per the manual.

Ed
Attachments
IMG_0494sc.jpg
IMG_0494sc.jpg (64.63 KiB) Viewed 12344 times
IMG_0491sc.jpg
IMG_0491sc.jpg (48.52 KiB) Viewed 12344 times
IMG_0493sc.jpg
IMG_0493sc.jpg (82.61 KiB) Viewed 12344 times
IMG_0489sc.jpg
IMG_0489sc.jpg (78.53 KiB) Viewed 12343 times
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

reible wrote:Picture one shows the crank with slide sleeve, then (larger) black nylon washer.

[ATTACH]14777[/ATTACH]

Picture two show the underside starting with the (smaller) black nylon washer, washer (not on parts list) , hex nut, and jam nut.

[ATTACH]14778[/ATTACH]

Picture three shows the spring washer, it is on top of the bushing nut, the adjusting nut was turn way up so you can see the washer. When adjusted the washer is hidden.

[ATTACH]14779[/ATTACH]

The forth and last shot of this post shows the bushing nut. Please note that the slidee you see is a repaired one. A former user did the repair and so far it has held up. To be on the safe side I purchased another one just in case. This was the down fall of the Joint-matic I think, Slide should have been made of metal or they should have used the original dual drives...

[ATTACH]14780[/ATTACH]

Anyway make sure you get that adjustment set per the manual.

Ed
Awesome. This is super helpful. So if I am understanding the repair shot correctly, the issue there is that the plastic can be weak and while cranking up/down if there is any binding the table will break there. Correct?

damagi AT gmail DOT com
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I think the problem has to do with the way the machine is used in some operations. If you trap the workpiece between the table and the bit the weak link is the attachment spot on the slide.

I personally haven't have that happen but I have seen a fair number of machines for sale that had the slide broken, so it does happen.

Ed