Reversing Shopsmith Motor Query

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

dusty wrote:dyenf,

Thank you for the info that you provided, regarding how you have managed to make your Shopsmith motor(s) reversible.

However, the diagrams provided are somewhat confusing. They are not Shopsmith specific and there are two different (solutions)]However,I hope you realize that having done this,[/color] Shopsmith warranties have been voided.
Hi Dusty,

I was just wondering exactly what that means. I really didn't think that my SS was under any warranty anymore. Do you know what the warranty is? I bought my Mark V in 1995. Is it still covered by a warranty? If it is, cool. If not, what differance would it make if I altered the motor?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

It doesn't matter at all, if your Shopsmith is out of warranty. Do with it as you please.

We don't know anything about those that were modified. They may or may not have had a warranty but they don't now.:rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Tim - Here's a copy of Shopsmith's lifetime warranty. I've used it at least once and it works!:D
http://www.shopsmith.com/markvsite/partner.htm#eleven

This can be found as part of the SS website explanation of how Shopsmith becomes your "Lifetime Woodworking Partner".
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA