Someone hit 10,000 posts "Dusty"

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

heathicus wrote:I beg to differ, Dusty. I, for one, consider you one of the Most Valued Contributors of this forum.
I thank you so very much. Actually, I am very selfish. I enjoy it. It is self gratifying.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Billdit
Gold Member

Post by Billdit »

Amazing !!!

Thank you for all your help ! As a relative "newbie" I owe any of my successes when woodworking to you and the others that are always here to help. It is appreciated. (When I mess up, it's all my own doing...)

I went to the "member list" ... Some interesting facts:

9034 members (2525 of these have made at least one post)
I am number 265 with approx. 46 posts ... that puts me in the top 3% of members... should be a trophy or something :D

If many of these "stalkers" are like me, they come here for help without posting, but rather just search for the answer to their question...

So you "First Pagers" should be proud that you are helping thousands of us by taking the time to share your knowledge...
Bill

Mark V 1981 upgraded to 520 and PowerPro, w/ Band Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, Jigsaw, and a bunch of previous owners 1980's jigs, accessories, and unknown parts.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

heathicus wrote:I beg to differ, Dusty. I, for one, consider you one of the Most Valued Contributors of this forum.
As do I also!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
oledoc2u
Silver Member

Post by oledoc2u »

I just started today and got help. I do the same on a car forum I belong to. It's nice to have members willing to step up and help the new guys. Keep up the good work Dusty.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

dusty wrote:I thank you so very much. Actually, I am very selfish. I enjoy it. It is self gratifying.
Whatever your reasons, congrats on the milestone, Dusty, and keep those posts coming!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

Dusty: A few months ago, I attended a PP demo in Fayetteville, Ga. We had a huge crowd of 14 people, two of them women. After the demo we all stood around talking and suddenly the topic shifted to the forum and the personalities therein. Nine of the group including myself were members of the forum, the rest not having any knowledge of it. The first person mentioned was you Dusty and everyone agreed that you sincerely tried to be helpful no matter what the problem whether it be machine issues or woodworking. As far as non power pro technical issues, Bill Mayo was the no nonsense favorite providing clear concise information that everyone could understand and freely provided it when ever there was a need. I'm not trying to steal your praise Dusty but it was Francis (Farmer) Robinson who everyone wished they lived next door to if just to hear some good stories. Francis, they all agreed that you probably had more common sense than everyone on the forum combined of which I certainly agree also.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Our forum is blessed to have a number of highly informative participants. All of whom I respect and appreciate. Dusty is both informative and often challenges to assist everyone to learn new skills. With no disrespect intended to others I truly appreciate Dusty and am thankful for his continued input. Thus am looking forward to another 10,000 posts from a good man. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

Well said Jim. I feel I left out the hundreds of wonderful forum members who provide information on a daily basis and I certainly meant no disrespect to any of you It's what the forum is all about. I was only repeating some of the comments I heard and did not mean to exclude anyone. However it's you Dusty that I look for every day when I need a good honest opinion.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

ashbury wrote:Well said Jim. I feel I left out the hundreds of wonderful forum members who provide information on a daily basis and I certainly meant no disrespect to any of you It's what the forum is all about. I was only repeating some of the comments I heard and did not mean to exclude anyone. However it's you Dusty that I look for every day when I need a good honest opinion.
Ashbury, Please know that I meant no disrespect toward you or anyone else. I simply feel that offering appropriate value to many fine members is important when an opportunity like this arises. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
wdelliott
Gold Member

Thanks Dusty

Post by wdelliott »

Thanks Dusty. As someone who is nearer the front end of this train of experience called woodworking, I have appreciated and learned from your posts and photos. Perhaps it is a sign of what you contributed, but I never fail to read your comments.

Much appreciated.
Wm. D. Elliott
Dallas, TX

1972 Model 500; upgraded to Model 7; bandsaw; belt sander; joiner; planer pro; power stand; OPR; Biscuit joiner; router tables