Going price for a Mark V model 510

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

Haha, it really needed more than that, but it was a fabulous deal.
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

Even location varies, here in Tulsa I have paid as little as $300 for a 510 with Jointer and bandsaw and some extras. to paying $800 for a 520 Anniversary addition with a complete Joint tech system and boxes of extras. Have to admit I thought it was the biggest Christmas I had had when I saw it. Most of the $100 units around here are ER's or older 500's
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
eartigas
Gold Member

510 prices

Post by eartigas »

If I keep seeing good offers I will need a new house. Prices in my area are not as good as those suggested here but once in a while an opportunity comes. The problem for me is that it is hard to let it pass but I have no space left to work with 4 SS already but all model 500.

The 510 I have seen was offered for $650, a high price compared to what I have seen here so, that was my chance to let it go.

I appreciate the information, advice and stories, and I hope I don't find a 510 or 520 for $300 because my wife won't like it in the bedroom : ))
Ed
Carmel, NY
donalexander
Gold Member

Post by donalexander »

Ed, Asking price and sale price are often different. I got a 510 with a bandsaw and a few hand tools that were not part of the basic package for $500. Asking price started and 800 or 900 as I recall. Be patient and look for sellers that have been advertising for a while.
Don

Mark V (bought new, now sold), Model 520 (1989 510 upgraded)
Bandsaw, Jointer, and Planer
1951 Magna Engineering 10ER (restored for lathe use and sold)
letterk
Gold Member

Post by letterk »

donalexander wrote:Ed, Asking price and sale price are often different. I got a 510 with a bandsaw and a few hand tools that were not part of the basic package for $500. Asking price started and 800 or 900 as I recall. Be patient and look for sellers that have been advertising for a while.
They probably are reasonable priced in my area for around $500 to $600. Of course, once you have enough, that price goes down. Sometimes you just can’t help chasing a good deal. :) The 520s that come up are always few and far between and priced way too high.

I picked up an extra 510 with a lot of accessories in the off season last year for $400, but that kind of deal is few and far between. It didn't have much for SPTs except for a jointer, but it probably and $800 or more in retail value of accessories. This year I was looking for a $100-150 project machine, but I ended up with a 510 instead because it had a broken speed control. At the time I wasn't even sure if the motor worked and I haven't had a chance to even see what kind of damage the previous owner did, but it was low enough that I can get my money back if needed.

Just recently I went on a quest to get a belt sander / strip sander. I drove 2 1/2 hours / 125 miles out of my way to look at a 500 with lots of SPTS. After dealing with an angry seller because I was unwilling to pay what he wanted because the speed control didn't work, I think I'll just hang back for a while.