Traveling Academy

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

friscomike
Gold Member

Woohoo

Post by friscomike »

Howdy folks,

I just received my first installment of shipments resulting from the Traveling Academy's visit to Fort Worth. Now, can I remember all the stuff Rick taught us or will that four boxes of tools remain grey, red, and dusty?

I am off to the shop...seems I remember something about alignment that I gotta do...and where does that mortise thing go? I guess I am going to have to take the cellophane off the books and read them!

Shopsmith really sent things quickly and the remaining items are streaming from the factory as they are built! Great service.

Happy trails,
mike
...now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a busy man. I have sawdust to make... ;)
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

Does anyone know how well attended the Kansas City event was? I really wanted to go, but couldn't. I hope I don't have to wait two years for the next one.
terryd
Gold Member

Post by terryd »

Kansas City TA only had eight in attendence on the first day. I was unable to attend any of the other days so I don't know about them. With only eight attending day one was almost like a private lesson...:)

terryd
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

osx-addict wrote:Anyone know if they're planning any classes in the Los Angeles area anytime soon? I checked the website and nothing for all of California listed.. Anyway, just thought I'd ask..

-- Rick
Hi Rick,
SS is now showing TA's for WA, OR and NV through June. I am guessing that CA will be in July!Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
osx-addict
Gold Member

Post by osx-addict »

Very cool.. Now it's just an issue of timing & $$.. Gotta pay uncle sam first!
Rick
S/W of Los Angeles, CA
1983 Mark V model 510 (SN#140061)