My Computer Data is Vulnerable

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

This may be more appropriate, but like it's sister photo recovery program, the card must be 'functional'.

http://www.winundelete.com/

Apparently all either program does is recover 'free space contents' that still contain former file contents.

They likely work reasonably well with non-fragmented storage devices that always store new 'files' sequentially(like a camera).

Other stuff - maybe!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
charlese
Platinum Member

Retrieve all pix entered into this forum

Post by charlese »

Happening across a somewhat similar loss of photos, I finally came across an easy way to reclaim EVERY PHOTO entered into this forum.

Here's how - - Go to "User CP" scroll down the list on the left all the way to the bottom. click on the word "Attachments" That's all there is to it! It shows 766 attachments for me. Dusty undoubtedly has more, but they will all come up.

Maybe this method will work on other forums powered by V-Bulletin:confused:
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

charlese wrote:Happening across a somewhat similar loss of photos, I finally came across an easy way to reclaim EVERY PHOTO entered into this forum.

Here's how - - Go to "User CP" scroll down the list on the left all the way to the bottom. click on the word "Attachments" That's all there is to it! It shows 766 attachments for me. Dusty undoubtedly has more, but they will all come up.

Shhhh! Over 19x as many attachments!:rolleyes:

This forum is 'cloudy'!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

charlese wrote:Happening across a somewhat similar loss of photos, I finally came across an easy way to reclaim EVERY PHOTO entered into this forum.

Holy Smokes. What a list. Something of a shock.

Question: Are we supposed to be editing these or do we just let the list grow forever?

I see that there is a way to delete attachments but I don't know why I would want to delete something that I posted. However, having said that - there are a lot of images that we could do without. Back when I was first learning how to post pictures (and to take pictures) there are some really useless photos taking up memory space.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

I wouldn't worry about it much.

I've used VBulletin in 2 different forums, (and these were BIG fora) and we didn't have any issues.

Admin may have a different opinion, though.

steve
wvthomas
Silver Member

Duplicate your data?

Post by wvthomas »

Anyone else running their hard drives in RAID configuration or have a Home Server? Maybe I'm the only computer geek that builds their own computers? Now if I can just build a computer case out of wood!
Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid -
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

wvthomas wrote:Anyone else running their hard drives in RAID configuration or have a Home Server? Maybe I'm the only computer geek that builds their own computers? Now if I can just build a computer case out of wood!

I used to have mine set up in a raid with full redundancy but I have since switched to a network external hard drive. It's set up to backup everything from my PC, laptop, and fiancée's PC.
- 1986 Mark V 500 Mini

- 1985 Mark V 510 with reversible motor, bandsaw, jointer, and double-tilt.

I offer quality motor reversal, rebuilding, and rewiring. Contact me at HarbourTools@live.com
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I too have had a raid setup but I had two of the hard drives fail. When that happened, I gave up on the idea of a raid.

I now use the two remaining hard drives as standard drives. This setup gives me 300GB of hard drive space so I think they will serve me - at least until I have another failure.

I am also on the road to reconstructing the drawings. I have completed the 520 rip fence and have done a good deal of work on the table set (one main and two floating).

[ATTACH]22734[/ATTACH]

I have not done anything to detail the bottom side of these tables and I just may not. Doing the bottom sides is a lot of detail and I never used that detail on the previous drawings. I use these (the tables) an awful lot to model jigs.

By having these on the computer, I can do that modeling without running back and forth to the shop to get measurements. Front and rear 520 rails will be next after I finish this main table.
Attachments
Extension Table + (Custom).png
Extension Table + (Custom).png (203.22 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I admire Dusty's and others' skill with Sketchup. When I have tried it, even simple things seem ridiculously hard. How much time did it take you to become proficient?
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

algale wrote:I admire Dusty's and others' skill with Sketchup. When I have tried it, even simple things seem ridiculously hard. How much time did it take you to become proficient?
I would not say that I am proficient as there are many operations that I still do not understand. I have been playing with Sketchup for about two years.

There was a Sketchup session presented here on the forum by a member who is truly proficient. You might want to check it out.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty