Fed Ex deliveries

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

Bruce wrote:I just received my 5-foot extension tubes today and I have to say that Shopsmith packages them well. The cardboard tube they came is was very thick and sturdy. One of the end caps was pushed in and bent, so I took a photo before opening the package. Thankfully, there was no damage to the tubes.

I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase my 5-foot tubes in Dayton before they closed the store and 9/11. Carrying them home on the airplane was quite the experience.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

paulmcohen wrote:I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase my 5-foot tubes in Dayton before they closed the store and 9/11. Carrying them home on the airplane was quite the experience.
They actually let you carry them on and not check them? I bet you got a few weird looks! :)
Gampa
Gold Member

Post by Gampa »

The Fedex Ground carriers are contract Carriers. Now you know why the USPS regular carriers were fighting management who was trying to force more contract routes on the American public.
Enjoy a little sawdust therapy

Walt
520, Joiner, band saw, Planer, Dust Collector, 6: Belt Sander, OPR, Scroll Saw
paulmcohen
Platinum Member

Post by paulmcohen »

Bruce wrote:They actually let you carry them on and not check them? I bet you got a few weird looks! :)

Before 9/11 I carried all kinds of things on the plane, I was a 1K traveler and they rarely said anything to me. The stewardess stored them in the front suit closet, I don't think planes even have those any more.
Paul Cohen
Beaverton, OR
A 1982 500 Shopsmith brand upgraded to a Mark 7 PowerPro, Jointer, Bandsaw (with Kreg fence), Strip Sander, Ring Master and lots of accessories all purchased new
12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, 1200 CFM DC
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I live in the central US. My shipment left Ohio on the 11th. Today it is in Sacramento, CA. Do you think it's going by "slow boat to China" to get here?
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Bruce, maybe they're getting even for something you said earlier??
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Bruce wrote:I live in the central US. My shipment left Ohio on the 11th. Today it is in Sacramento, CA. Do you think it's going by "slow boat to China" to get here?
I fear for you Bruce! The last FedUp shipment that I had that went to Sacramento, left Sacramento for a "3 hour tour" (4 days actually) before returning back to Sacramento:mad:.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

The last few posts got me to thinking :( Is the FedEx tracking a good thing? Or is it just another way we can drive ourselves nuts?
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

a1gutterman wrote:I fear for you Bruce! The last FedUp shipment that I had that went to Sacramento, left Sacramento for a "3 hour tour" (4 days actually) before returning back to Sacramento:mad:.
I just checked again this morning. The package is now back in Missouri. For how long, I don't know. Hopefully it's on the final leg of it's journey. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a REAL person at Fed-Ex that we could complain to and that also cared what we think.