Where were you 50 years ago?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jonesuh
Gold Member

Post by jonesuh »

high school Senior Civics class (beaumont texas)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Was at work when it was announced over the pa. Keep in mind the pa was strictly for 'business use only'( and announcing final score of NCAA Final when KY was playing) as defined by IBM upper 'management.

An exceptional event indeed!

Another was the shuttle blow-up!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Gene Howe wrote: . . . The offense? The defendant had been caught in an off limits establishment.

So, were you to testify that you observed the defendant in thar(from inside?)!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Who me? Surely you jest. ;)
I was to testify as to the defendant's character and fitness. Was never called, though.
JPG40504 wrote:So, were you to testify that you observed the defendant in thar(from inside?)!:D
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

Two years old in my playpen, too young to know or care.
anmius
Gold Member

Post by anmius »

In college at Michigan State University.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 Mark V 500, bandsaw, belt sander, jig saw, jointer; contractor's table saw; multiple circular saws and miter saws; and a trailer full of tools.

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

I don't remember, and this concerns me. :mad: I seem to be forgetting more and more about my eariler days. I'm sure I was in my first year of college in Brownsville Texas.
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

[quote="Gene Howe"]Who me? Surely you jest. ]
:D:DHint:D:DClue:D:DJest:D:D n'est-ce pas?:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

fredsheldon wrote:I don't remember, and this concerns me. :mad: I seem to be forgetting more and more about my eariler days. I'm sure I was in my first year of college in Brownsville Texas.
Nuf said re a college students ability to observe real world goings on!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

dickg1
Gold Member

Post by dickg1 »

I was in the 8th AF command post buried in a mountain near Springfield Massachusetts conducting a class in Computers 101 for about 8 airmen assigned to the site. Needless to say the class terminated.
A Veteran-whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard or Reserve-Is Someone Who, at One Point in Their Life, Signed a Blank Check Made Payable To "The United States of America", For An Amount of 'Up To and Including My Life'