1955 Greenie in 3D

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

magnagreen
Bronze Member

Post by magnagreen »

S Brian wrote:Lots of hours, but I am sure you had fun. Before I retired I designed brake master cylinders for Bendix/Bosch. In the beginning it was at the drawing board, then a black and white 2D CAD scope with a light pen and finally using 3D Catia software. I loved drawing 3D solid models and it made the work fun.
I started out in the pencil and vellum era as well, then worked my way through some of the early PC-based CAD programs that most people today probably have never heard of (LaserCAD, VersaCAD, etc.) Along the way the company I work for started using AutoCAD, which has been the mainstay ever since. We only use 2D at work (AutoCAD MAP), but with the assistance of the built-in help files and the Internet I was able to figure out many of the AutoCAD 3D commands and features on my own. Lots of trial and error!

I would love the opportunity to work with Catia, Solidworks, Inventor, etc. I've tried the free version of Sketchup but haven't taken the time to really learn it.
Jack Wilson
Gold Member

Post by Jack Wilson »

I friend of mine used to sell VersaCAD. I went to one of his demo once. That was many years ago.

Great work on your part.
SS Mark 7 PowerPro, 2 SS Bandsaws, SS Belt Sander, SS Jigsaw, 13" Steel City Lunch Box Planer, SS Jointer, Jet 22-44 Drum Sander
magnagreen
Bronze Member

Post by magnagreen »

Jack Wilson wrote:I friend of mine used to sell VersaCAD. I went to one of his demo once. That was many years ago.

Great work on your part.
I REALLY liked VersaCAD. Back in the DOS days it was an incredible program. I customized the heck out of it to perform all kinds of automated and streamlined processes using its built-in programming language (CPL) that, unfortunately, was unique to VersaCAD. Then the world moved on to Windows, VersaCAD didn't keep up with progress, and the last programs I wrote in CPL were custom routines to assist in converting the files to AutoCAD format. Alas. :(
mmmm1111
Bronze Member

Re: 1955 Greenie in 3D

Post by mmmm1111 »

Hi wow..just wow nice job ! any chance you could post or email me your 3d files ? If I can turn it into something that will 3d print I will send you one !! thanks !
jftome
Bronze Member

Post by jftome »

Just came across this old post. I'm hoping that magnagreen is still out there and would be willing to share that CAD file he created. I'm looking to create a bit of a custom unit from an old Mark V 500 and this would save me a ton of time taking measurements and such. Magnagreen, if you're out there, please drop a response. Thank you.

James
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

Amazing! The detail work is beautiful!
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Record show this user was Last active: 05 Feb 2014 21:32 so I wouldn't get your hopes up on a reply.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]