Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:Try this trick that my daughter taught me.

When you select Quote or Post Reply, instead of right clicking, click the scroll wheel on the mouse instead.

This will open Reply to Thread in a new tab and you can do you research in the original tab without loosing the reply text, makes it easy to cut and paste from one page to another too.

This is useful anytime you want to follow a link (tangent) but don't want to loose your original place.

I run Firefox under Ubuntu on my PC and Firefox under Windows 7 starter on my notebook. I just tried clicking the scroll wheel in (gag) Internet Explorer and it works there also.
A) RIGHT click?

B) Scroll Wheel?

I do not do A nor have B.

What does A do differently from a left click?(or do you have the mouse buttons reversed)?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG40504 wrote:A) RIGHT click?

B) Scroll Wheel?

I do not do A nor have B.

What does A do differently from a left click?(or do you have the mouse buttons reversed)?

Oops A) should read Left click will edit the post

B) the scroll wheel is the wheel in the center of a PC mouse

[ATTACH]24185[/ATTACH]
Attachments
mouse-scroll-wheel-300x236.jpg
mouse-scroll-wheel-300x236.jpg (17.6 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:Oops A) should read Left click will edit the post

B) the scroll wheel is the wheel in the center of a PC mouse

[ATTACH]24185[/ATTACH]
You did not need to explain the 'scroll wheel'. I simply do not use an 'attached' mouse. Touch pad and two buttons on a laptop.

Ah yes, the right click gives one many options to choose from.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
danr
Gold Member

Post by danr »

rpd wrote:Try this trick that my daughter taught me.

When you select Quote or Post Reply, instead of right clicking(:oshould read left clicking), click the scroll wheel on the mouse . ...
Hey another new function for the scroll wheel, did not know that, keep on learnin':D
Dan