Any OK SS owners?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

I think it was explained to me here B4,and I think it has something to do with someone to answer/justify to, but what is a SWMBO??? Not having to do any of that it is out of my vocabulary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

rbursek wrote:I think it was explained to me here B4,and I think it has something to do with someone to answer/justify to, but what is a SWMBO??? Not having to do any of that it is out of my vocabulary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H. Ryder Haggard, in a book titled "SHE" introduced the world to SWMBO. She Who Must be Obeyed.

John Mortimer, a British Barrister and author, introduced the world to Horace Rumpole, a fictitious Barrister, (Rumpole and the Bailey, was the TV show, from the other side {as Hilda called it} of the "herring pond") and his "lady wife" Hilda, whom he also referred to as SWMBO. (Yes, if you can't tell, I'm a big Rumpole fan, and just watched an episode on Youtube.)

steve
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Dominate Madame got it, LOL!!! Here I thought by your thread title you were looking for a mentally stable SS owner, not someone in Oklahoma!!!!
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
dgreen810
Gold Member

Tulsa Area

Post by dgreen810 »

I live in Broken Arrow if that means anything!

Don G
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Thanks to all you "OK" guys for your offers to help this lady and her husband.
I'll try to get their contact info and her city of residence. If any of you feel comfortable doing it, PM me any contact info and I'll relay it. Not sure she will join us rowdies over here.
Oh BTW, they can be found on the lumberjocks site, if any of you frequent that site.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

I'm off 111th between Elm and Aspen. In Broken Arrow
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
dgreen810
Gold Member

Post by dgreen810 »

I live in Indian Springs BA

Don G
J&CFrye
Bronze Member

Post by J&CFrye »

Thank you all for the offers of assisance. Hubby, Jim, looked up the serial # and discovered our ShopSmith Mark V was manufactured in 1955. He is the main restorer on this. I will assist as needed. We mainly want to use it as a lathe, however it is missing the tailstock and the chuck. Plugged it in and it does work so cleaning is the name of the game right now as it has been sitting in a very cluttered garage for several years. More later. I'm sure we'll be picking your collected brains!
Pick # 1 How can we determine if it is a 500, 510, etc?
Candy
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Welcome to the forum. There is always room for one or two more.

Hope this helps answer your vintage question. Color and Serial Number will tell you for certain.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

J&CFrye wrote:Thank you all for the offers of assisance. Hubby, Jim, looked up the serial # and discovered our ShopSmith Mark V was manufactured in 1955. He is the main restorer on this. I will assist as needed. We mainly want to use it as a lathe, however it is missing the tailstock and the chuck. Plugged it in and it does work so cleaning is the name of the game right now as it has been sitting in a very cluttered garage for several years. More later. I'm sure we'll be picking your collected brains!
Pick # 1 How can we determine if it is a 500, 510, etc?

Candy
Welcome to the forum Candy and Jim. It's all in the table size and tube configuration.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob