Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Dusty
In Box has been emptied.
Bill V
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Dusty, Ed, algale, I understand your concerns. To me, the kind of posts that you dislike clutter things up a bit, but usually don't offend me. But in certain cases I do find myself cringing a bit too often, out of an obviously-justifiable concern for how they might affect others.

Reflecting on this, it finally dawned on me that beside being an engineer myself, I have worked with whole packs of them constantly for the last 30+ years. So I expect engineers to act like engineers. This video should help explain what I'm talking about. :)

(I love self-deprecating engineer jokes -- they usually hit the target pretty squarely. :D )
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Dusty, my friend -- hopefully things will improve! It really has been only one person that has really hurt the forum!! I fully understand your decision to leave - As you said, you will check in from time to time - maybe BOB will be gone! See you later!!!:)
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
holsgo
Platinum Member

Post by holsgo »

I don't post near as much as I used to. I moved much more into machining, welding and auto. I mention that because I didn't think I had anything to add and with that, seem to have missed much of why you'd be moving on. I'll poke around a bit and try and figure it out, in the meantime dusty, just check in without logging in and stay abreast If you can.
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

OK, I am seeing way too many post from members I have learned a lot from. I have dropped from several other SS forums because of one or two members trying to control the group. I have and will stick it out here. I as torn between the MKV's and ER's and I love them both and have no intention of getting rid of either. Just hope to have a great group to keep learning from. And as you can see I do have a little SS item and collecting more. I do use the delet key a lot lately.
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
claimdude
Gold Member

Post by claimdude »

Dusty and Reible will certainly be missed. I post occasionally and have greatly benefited from their expertise over the years. I have been visiting this forum almost daily for many years and frankly have never seen a post that offended me let alone offended me to the point I would abandon the forum. If it is just one offender then why can't Admin pull his/her account?

Puzzled....

Jack
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

I am missing something here. What is all the fuss about? :confused: :confused:
BPR
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

I don't think Ed or Dusty was offended by the posts. I think they were irritated/frustrated/tired of the folks who can't resist posting totally off-topic stuff that is of interest only to themselves (or one or two other posters) in the non-community forums sections. At some point, you get to the point when you decide the amount of useful information in the forum is outweighed by all the noise. And then you leave. I'm rapidly getting to that point myself.

It is like spam, but the product the spammer is endlessly selling is themselves and their unique personality, which we are all supposed to enjoy.

Another anology: if you went to a party and every time you started to have an interesting conversation, some loud mouth walked over and started talking about something else, you'd probably leave the party.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I thought the community subgroup was and I quote, "This is a forum for general discussion not related to woodworking"

If I have offended anyone I apologize it wasn't intentional it was due to my literal understanding of the stated purpose of the community subgroup was.

I know I have gone off topic from time to time but again I thought that was permitted on Community forum.

Seems like a shame to lose Reible and Dusty. Reible always has such interesting posts and Dusty is always so much fun.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Ed in Tampa wrote:I thought the community subgroup was and I quote, "This is a forum for general discussion not related to woodworking"

If I have offended anyone I apologize it wasn't intentional it was due to my literal understanding of the stated purpose of the community subgroup was.

I know I have gone off topic from time to time but again I thought that was permitted on Community forum.

Seems like a shame to lose Reible and Dusty. Reible always has such interesting posts and Dusty is always so much fun.
Ed, this isn't a problem in or about the community forum at all. It is expressly about the other forums and how many of the threads in those other forums have been hijacked with things that have nothing to do with the original post and which lately consist of off-topic banter between a small number of members.