Cross slide vise or table?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

recurvearcher
Gold Member

Re: Cross slide vise or table?

Post by recurvearcher »

dusty wrote:Milling Machines for Milling...and...Wood Working Machines for Wood Working

Right Tool for the job.

Not exactly and old adage but IMHO still appropriate.

BTW...Did early advertisements for the 10/10E not advertise it as a tool for light milling. Maybe that is why it is a bit better for milling than the Mark 5/V.
Dusty,

I wholeheartedly agree, but the milling was very light and I just wanted to see how it would work out. You're right, the 520 in no milling machine. I did toy with the idea of using my overhead pin router, but thought the 520 would work out better. But, really for anything more than the little I did, one would need a mill.
eagletattwo
Bronze Member

Post by eagletattwo »

Talk about light milling...

Got the new toys set up and dialed in. alignment is off by a few thousandths, but I am not going to lose sleep over it.

The piece that is in the vise is one I did before buying the xy table and the vise... So that's why it looks a little wiggly.

I figure with the new setup I will still go with very light cuts in alum or plastic...probably about .030 at a time.

Wish I could attach the pic, but its way too large :(

Thanks
Geo
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

eagletattwo wrote: . . .
Wish I could attach the pic, but its way too large :(

Thanks
Geo

Get 'Irfanview'(free ), reduce the size, then attach. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bffulgham
Gold Member

Image Resizer

Post by bffulgham »

eagletattwo wrote:.....Wish I could attach the pic, but its way too large :(

Thanks
Geo
Here's another freebie resizer for Windows users.
Bud F.
1998 Mark V 510 bought used 2006, Jointer, 2 Bandsaws, ca 1960 Yuba SawSmith RAS
Projects and "stuff": http://www.bfulgham.com/JAlbum/Woodworking_Index/