router table tight fit

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

benush26
Platinum Member

Re: router table tight fit

Post by benush26 »

Hey Dusty.

My post was about vertical not horizontal space.

Since I use an aftermarket table that does not use the rail assemblies and may also be a different thickness than the SS version, plus my Triton router might be taller than SS planned for, it might be that I have to raise mine vertically to get clearance from the way tubes in a fashion the SS table does not. I did cut my router table with a tight enough fit so that I had to notch out areas on one end to accommodate the protruding pieces on the side of the main table.

Sorry if I caused a huge confusion here.

Be well,
Ben
wdelliott
Gold Member

Post by wdelliott »

Remounting extension table seems to help a bit. I believe this can make it work, but the tolerances are tight, but manageable.

Thanks everyone for the assistance.

What is the purpose in those square hubs anyway?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

wdelliott wrote:Remounting extension table seems to help a bit. I believe this can make it work, but the tolerances are tight, but manageable.

Thanks everyone for the assistance.

What is the purpose in those square hubs anyway?

My guess is that they are created early in the machining process for use as a reference during later machining processes.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange