Traveling Academy Schedule

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

As for marking everything that isn't made in the USA in the catalog, that is a great idea. If that is too much of a burden at least mark those things made in China.
I understand the world market and all and I really don't have too much of a problem buying from most other countries ,even friendly Asian, but when it comes to China I simply can't figure out the logic of supplying the enemy with the resources they need to continue their fight against us.

I too agree that Shopsmith will be making a HUGE mistake if they abandon the Made in the USA policy. I know for myself and many of my friends that own Shopsmiths that "Made in the USA" was a HUGE consideration at the time of purchase.
Ed
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote:As for marking everything that isn't made in the USA in the catalog, that is a great idea. If that is too much of a burden at least mark those things made in China.
I understand the world market and all and I really don't have too much of a problem buying from most other countries ,even friendly Asian, but when it comes to China I simply can't figure out the logic of supplying the enemy with the resources they need to continue their fight against us.

I too agree that Shopsmith will be making a HUGE mistake if they abandon the Made in the USA policy. I know for myself and many of my friends that own Shopsmiths that "Made in the USA" was a HUGE consideration at the time of purchase.
Ed

Before this thread gets too far off track, the "China Syndrome" can be found at:

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1646

This thread is really about the TA. I hope we can keep it that way.

Both threads have their inherent good qualities.

As for asking Shopsmith to take on the expense of re-editing their catalog and re-inventorying their warehouse just to identify items made in China - Do we really want them to do this now while they are attempting a financial reorganization. I don't think so. I see that as an unnecessary barrier to their recovery. A barrier that could mean bad news. Just maintain their current Quality Standards and manufacturing practices. When we find items made in China - they'll know. This forum will make sure the entire woodworking world knows it.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Post 1 of this thread is current as of 7PM Pacific Time this day. No additional changes were made.:)
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Post 1 of this thread has been updated through Oct 10 2008; new classes in Texas!:)
Tim

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Post 1 of this thread is current as of 11:30PM Pacific Time this day. No additional dates were added.:)
Tim

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Post 1 of this thread is current as of 11:30PM Pacific Time this day. Additional classes were added in Texas, Arkansas and Tennessee.:)
Tim

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Post 1 of this thread is current as of 8:00PM Pacific Time this day. Additional days in Tennessee and now Florida! Go get 'em Ed! :)
Tim

scottss
Gold Member

Post by scottss »

Tim I think we got it.
There must have been something stuck on your keyboard:D
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Awwwww shucks

Post by kd6vpe »

Looks like Oklahoma is too small oh well.:o
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

kd6vpe wrote:Looks like Oklahoma is too small oh well.:o
Hi Jim,
Actually, Rick says he plans to visit Oklahoma on the return trip: http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1885
:) He just has knot posted his entire schedule yet.
Tim