Counter Organizer

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Beave2012
Platinum Member

Counter Organizer

Post by Beave2012 »

A small project over the course of 24 hours, decided I wanted to make something to help organize the mass clutter of the kitchen counter. So this is my design that got a bit big, but should work well none-the-less. I based it off Steve Ramsey's (Woodworking for Mere Mortals) design, but instead of following his plans I just used the concept.

The result, an organizer that is a bit bigger than I anticipated. I still have yet to decide on drawers for it, but I think that will be a nice addition. Haven't decided yet.
organizer.jpg
organizer.jpg (505.14 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
-Beave
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Counter Organizer

Post by ERLover »

As a great cook, and I spend almost as much time in the kitchen in the winter time as I do in the shop, I think it has great possibilities, depending on your personal usage.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Nice work, Beave!
Looks like drawers, if vertical fronts, would have an opening at the top. Not bad at all since the openings can be used to open drawers.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

That is a nice piece of work Beave2012. I look forward to seeing what your drawers look like!
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
curiousgeorge
Platinum Member

Post by curiousgeorge »

rjent wrote:That is a nice piece of work Beave2012. I look forward to seeing what your drawers look like!
I don't think I really want to see his drawers. :eek: :D
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Nice work. I'd skip the drawers. Looks very functional as is.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

From the subject line I thought this was going to be a political post. :o

Nice work. Are the curved pieces plywood with banding applied?

I hope it helps organize your kitchen. But, beware the "larger purse" syndrome. When the woman buys a larger purse, she just carries around more stuff.
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

davebodner wrote:From the subject line I thought this was going to be a political post. :o

Nice work. Are the curved pieces plywood with banding applied?

I hope it helps organize your kitchen. But, beware the "larger purse" syndrome. When the woman buys a larger purse, she just carries around more stuff.
Yes edge banded plywood. This way is stable and cheap.

It's actually supposed to be for charging devices and mail and papers. So it just might work, but as all other storage, it will fill up. Lol. Next is my 2x4 project. Wish me luck and I invite others to join in if you desire.
-Beave
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

I need something to fulfill the same purpose. I'll probably have to go smaller, though. How are you handling the cords?
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

davebodner wrote:I need something to fulfill the same purpose. I'll probably have to go smaller, though. How are you handling the cords?
I'll go with a keyhole slot in the back top. That way I can still get the cord in and out, but still let it stay in place
-Beave