Hi

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Hi

Post by jsburger »

artman60 wrote:See, this is why I love forums, and nice helpful people, you figure out what works real easy. Algale, Jpg, Jsburger, and Erlover, you are all right, the best option would be pick up a second unit, and customize it to my needs. Jsburger that is beautiful, you are planting ideas in my head. I hadn't fully read up on the power station, I thought it did have some form of speed control on it. Artie
Yes it does have speed control. The low end is 850RPM (above the MK V) and the upper end is about 2000RPM below the MK V. As JPG said it is probably a little slow for the jointer.

I bought mine locally not because I really need/wanted one but because the deal was too good to pass. $150 for the stand and a jointer. They are both in excellent condition. I don't need the jointer but the price was great for the stand alone.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
artman60 wrote:See, this is why I love forums, and nice helpful people, you figure out what works real easy. Algale, Jpg, Jsburger, and Erlover, you are all right, the best option would be pick up a second unit, and customize it to my needs. Jsburger that is beautiful, you are planting ideas in my head. I hadn't fully read up on the power station, I thought it did have some form of speed control on it. Artie

It does. It's range is 850 to 3850. Short of 700 to 5200 that a headstock has.

Notice the PS that JSB has the jig saw mounted on in his pix?
So what does the idler shaft run at on the MK V and the MK 7? What is the speed on the jointer setting? I have never seen those numbers.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

jsburger wrote:
JPG wrote:

It does. It's range is 850 to 3850. Short of 700 to 5200 that a headstock has.

Notice the PS that JSB has the jig saw mounted on in his pix?
So what does the idler shaft run at on the MK V and the MK 7? What is the speed on the jointer setting? I have never seen those numbers.
I believe it is a 1.6:1 overdrive... Someone correct me if I am wrong .... :)
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
Yes it does have speed control. The low end is 850RPM (above the MK V) and the upper end is about 2000RPM below the MK V. As JPG said it is probably a little slow for the jointer.

I bought mine locally not because I really need/wanted one but because the deal was too good to pass. $150 for the stand and a jointer. They are both in excellent condition. I don't need the jointer but the price was great for the stand alone.
3200? That is at '8' of '9'. Although top is 3850, remember the idler shaft(driving the jointer) is 1.6 the main shaft speed. So at 3600 ( approx. saw joint speed), the jointer runs at 5760. So the PS is 1900 rpm slower. About 1/3 slower.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
artman60
Gold Member

Post by artman60 »

This is cool, I just love learning stuff.
The clock of life is wound but once.
artman60
Gold Member

Post by artman60 »

Don't know if it's ok to sneak this in on this thread, but how do you get a picture small enough to use as an avatar?
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

artman60 wrote:Don't know if it's ok to sneak this in on this thread, but how do you get a picture small enough to use as an avatar?
Just use a picture display program. I use MS Office to reduce the size of the pictures I upload. I use 1024X768. Avitars are much smaller but MS Office will let you specify the dimensions for pretty much any size. I find it much easier to use than Paint or 3rd party apps for this purpose. It has a resize feature that is dead simple and not designed to be the be all end all in the graphics world.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
artman60
Gold Member

Post by artman60 »

I will try that next time I'm on the computer in the basement. Upstairs I use an iPad, and well MS Office isn't really likely. Thank you, Artie
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

artman60 wrote:I will try that next time I'm on the computer in the basement. Upstairs I use an iPad, and well MS Office isn't really likely. Thank you, Artie
You can also crop photos on your iPad in the Photos app. No need to go downstairs.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

artman60 wrote:I will try that next time I'm on the computer in the basement. Upstairs I use an iPad, and well MS Office isn't really likely. Thank you, Artie
Download a 'freebie' called Irfanview.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange