whata night!!!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: whata night!!!

Post by Ed in Tampa »

ERLover wrote:JPG luv ya like a long lost bro, trust ya, respect your knowledge and like your humor/outlook on life, hate your abbreviations, but CR is a bible of mine when shopping, if in my affordability.
On many occasions where CR rates one machine as Best Buy and another don't buy yet both machines where built by the same manufacture on the same line and the only difference is the label/ paint color.

Likewise I have noticed many reliability ratings are based on short term usage and are often dramatically contradicted by long term actual usage reliability.

They also fail to report many appliances are built by the same company on the same line and the only difference is label and price.

Lastly most evaluations are done not by people that commonly use the product but by lab rats based on their opinions rather than actual field usage experience.

My experience has been CR opinions must be taken with many many grains of salt.

I cdiscountinued my CR subscription many years ago for these exact reasons.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Ed, I agree with alot of what you said,, they rate alot fs Sears and Craftmans things highly and know people that buy them and in my HO it is not quality at all.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
richardrouse
Gold Member

Post by richardrouse »

Bruce wrote:
richardrouse wrote:I have a few lenovos, desktop and laptop. They are fine machines for what I do.. Web browsing, solid works / inventor, rslogix...

I don't drink the apple koolaid. Unless you pay for an apple processesor, its an over priced Intel chip... Prone to the same problems that a 200 dollar lenovo is prone to.

Just keep your laptop ventilated and it will be fine.one of this 20 dollar fan table thingies works well..
Apple does not make processors. Intel makes it's Mac CPUs. Samsung makes the mobile unit CPUs. Apples work so well because they control both the hardware and the os. PC's are a mixed bag.
looks like someone has a koolaid mustache :D

True enough now... but prior to 2006 (?) that wasn't the case. Anyone that owned a mac before intel made the chips and a mac after intel made the chips noticed a difference.

I don't know that I'd say macs work well... My wife has a MacbooK air and an Iphone 6+ that are troublesome. I would say that they don't work any worse than a PC or andriod
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

looks like someone has a koolaid mustache :D
Hah! I have experience with both. I own Macs, iPhones, and iPads. I am required to use PC's at work. There's a reason I own Apple products. I may not like their politics but they make quality products.
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

IBM says it saves $270 for every PC it replaces with a Mac.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-sa ... pc-2015-10
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Mike907 wrote:IBM says it saves $270 for every PC it replaces with a Mac.

No, Apple says that.

Apparently IBM agrees though.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
Mike907 wrote:IBM says it saves $270 for every PC it replaces with a Mac.

No, Apple says that.

Apparently IBM agrees though.
You get what you pay for, maybe. I have owned two lap tops from PC Laptops that are a local company.

A few years ago they won a world wide challenge from ATI Radeon (I think) to produce the fastest computer. I don't know what that really means so don't all you gurus start.

I have had two of their lap tops in the last 15 years and have had no problems. They have a life time warranty. If it is broke they fix it. A little more expensive but well worth it since they fix it for free.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT