Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig

Post by ERLover »

wa2crk wrote:Tom
Very innovative approach!!! I am not one of those who favors lathe mounted sharpening systems. The tools will need sharpening during the turning and I dislike dismounting the turning to touch up the chisels. But those folks with stand alone lathes will like the idea I am sure.
Bill V
That is why a 2nd and/or 3rd SS is mandatory, and at least one of them an ER, and if it has the coveted Speed Changer, down to 425rpm ;)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
damagi
Platinum Member

Re: Oneway Wolverine Grinding Jig

Post by damagi »

While generally I am all for using the SS for creative things, this seems like it might not be the best use. Maybe on the aux side of the headstock.

With slow speed grinders so inexpensive, that seems like a better choice. Clamping the board that the bench grinder is mounted on to a extension table gives you many of the same benefits, without any changeover issues.