Work Bench

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Work Bench

Post by ERLover »

I have built one like this, but 6ft and all from scratch except the top it was a Menards high density 1 1/4 thick particle board with a laminated top, it is in Atown, but at moms need something similar, but I dont want spend the time to build it. Like Reible have more money then time now, he is a tool hog.LOL
This will serve me well at moms, and will do many wipe on MinWax Poly on the particle board and and some LED lighting to the top to shine down. As we all know lighting and the eye glasses is very important to us. :eek:
https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hard ... 0805799794
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
ERLover
Platinum Member

Re: Work Bench

Post by ERLover »

pics on that not my wood workers bench, my reloading bench but the same thing I am going to do at moms with the Menards pre built.
Attachments
P1010002.jpg
P1010002.jpg (90.85 KiB) Viewed 9865 times
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

more pics
Attachments
P1010003.jpg
P1010003.jpg (121.01 KiB) Viewed 9865 times
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

the last
Attachments
P1010005.jpg
P1010005.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 9861 times
P1010006.jpg
P1010006.jpg (133.01 KiB) Viewed 9861 times
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

Well a good day here, weather WAS pleasant but a cold front moving through, picked up the work bench and 2 24" under cabinet light fixtures to mount under the top shelf. It went together easy, just 8 bolts/nuts for the peg board and the overlapping angle steel for the back extension. The rest is like T pins on racking systems, slide in and tap tight. I am going to seal all the particle board with H2O Polly, I prefer oil but faster drying time with the water based.
I have 3 other projects in progress, I need to get one completed. Router cabinet/table and an ER, in disarray and need to make a bench for that one also. I just finished one up for my nephews ER this week, for his dedicated lathe ER.
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

Well out in the shop looking over the new work bench, up grades, lower shelf is 3/8 particle board supported on the perimeters just like the top but that is 5/8. I am going to get a piece of Baltic Birch 1/4 and sandwich in the the middle of those 2 pieces for the lower shelf, and seal up with a few coats of Shellac. then Polly. For the bench top, get a 3/4 piece of Baltic Birch seal the same. The top shelf which is PB seal, paint white for light reflection, and paint the peg board back white for the same.
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

I just rethought the bench top, going to glue up some solid white ash, 5/4, ends up just above 1 inch + after planing and drum sanding, solid, hard and some class.
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

For that price going with 6 or 8 quarter.
http://www.kmhardwoods.com/African-Maho ... Ebiara.cfm
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

I got one of those benches for my seed starting a while back. Now I'm going to have to upgrade the benchtop. Thanks a lot, ER. :)
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Nice looking work area, ER. Neat work bench too.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.