Tablesaw blade not cuting right?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ksdaddio
Gold Member

Cleaning Saw Blades

Post by ksdaddio »

I have had excellent results using Fantastic. Some of the more stubborn marks will need additional applications, but all I do is spray it on the blade, let it "soak" for a while, wipe the blade off, and do it again if I need to.

Some of the new spray on lubricants work very well once the blade is clean too.

I think that ripping anything is one of the more difficult technics to learn on any saw. The longer the stock, the more trouble you are going to have. I find the best results to be using my assistant, (aka. wife) to either feed, or support the stock on the outfeed side. She has been one of the best accessories I have managed to find! :D
rubberneck
Gold Member

Post by rubberneck »

Your problem may not be the blade at all. Check the alignment of your rip fence. If the exit end of the fence is closer to the blade than the entrance end the blade will bind, slow the saw and start smoking. Also those construction grade 2x10usually have some sort of wind or warp to them. This will also bind the blade. You should really have a jointed edge to ride against the fence. At a bare minimu sight down the edge of the board to make sure it is truly straight. If not you will repeat this problem. Good luck!