New bandsaw table not level

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: New bandsaw table not level

Post by ERLover »

Funny you think a new on is on the way, maybe. Here is my SS story.
I think it was last fall, I ordered something from the MS, may have been there Conical Sanding Disc, which BTW I really like.
I get a survey via an email from them and fill it out.
Mean while I sent off freebie/pay it forward ER part to someone here, and do some stuff for my nephew. I get this from SS direct, with no shipping/purchase paper work.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... _block.htm

So it only has 3 sheets in it not the 8 as they say. Confused as heck, check my CC transactions, nothing on them for SS. Then I figure the guy I sent the ER part did it as a gift, no not him, or nephew, of course I am posting this bewilderment and only 3 sheets not the 8 here on the forum. Tom sez no he did not do it, nephew emails me and sez not him. About 2 hours later into this the Admin post in my thread, it was a gift from SS/MS for filling out the survey. Go figure. I really like it as far as hand comfort and fit. I still cant figure out the why on only 3 sheets in the package, maybe the got a bunch that way from the supplier and since they sell it with 8, sent them out as gifts/rewards.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Did you happen to check your order page to see if anything is listed? If I remember from before they added the replacement part in the system and thus you can check on it.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
putttn
Gold Member

Post by putttn »

I'll double check to see if there is anything on their site showing that it is on its' way. They still haven't called me back so I'm hoping the lady talked to the engineer and then sent out a replacement. That is what she said would probably happen but she said she'd let me know.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

putttn wrote:I'll double check to see if there is anything on their site showing that it is on its' way. They still haven't called me back so I'm hoping the lady talked to the engineer and then sent out a replacement. That is what she said would probably happen but she said she'd let me know.
Well that makes it less presumptuous.

Maybe 'the engineer' is on vacation?

Maybe 'the lady' forgot?

IIWM, I would call.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
putttn
Gold Member

Post by putttn »

LOL...JPG. They don't answer. They know it is me calling!!!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

putttn wrote:LOL...JPG. They don't answer. They know it is me calling!!!
Kill Caller ID.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
putttn
Gold Member

Post by putttn »

They sure do know it's me when I do get to talk with someone. Since my new table has not arrived yet and they haven't called me back I guess I will try reaching them again.
putttn
Gold Member

Post by putttn »

New table arrives tomorrow. !!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I'll be waiting, anxiously, to see just how you determine that this new table is better (flatter) than the old table.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
putttn
Gold Member

Post by putttn »

It arrived and is flat and the nice folks at SS measured it and taped off each direction with notes on the tape how flat it was. Even signed off and dated. I measured it and all is well. Now to mount and double ck but it seems it should be fine.
Just to double ck my old one I put my straight edge on after removal and it was still not flat.