A little Moana fun

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Beave2012
Platinum Member

A little Moana fun

Post by Beave2012 »

Saw this on the wood Whisperer and gave it a shot because my kids loved the movie. So really, I made it because... Yep just because.

Made from a 2x4, some glue, a piece of random leftover rope, hot glue, and a sharpie. Made my son's week. Now my daughter wants one...
IMAG0653-1612x907.jpg
IMAG0653-1612x907.jpg (230.51 KiB) Viewed 5524 times
-Beave
damagi
Platinum Member

Re: A little Moana fun

Post by damagi »

I am in the process of making one as well, based on Marc's plans - http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/ ... -hook-2x4/
I will make a matching oar to go with it as well...will post pics when done
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

What is it used for??
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

ERLover wrote:What is it used for??
Well now that is a question for the ages... It is a toy based on the Disney Movie Moana where one of the key characters has a large magical "fish hook". So naturally, my kids wanted one and decided to make one for them.

So its a movie prop from an animated movie for my kids to play with that cost around $3 and doubles as a way they will destroy the house and give me a concussion. Either that or i succeeded in teaching a 4 and 6 year old self control. (I should up my insurance at this point)
-Beave