Online Military Exchange Shopping for All Veterans

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: Online Military Exchange Shopping for All Veterans

Post by wrmnfzy »

I went to site quoted and was told they couldn't find my info. I called their number and was told that not all info was yet in-putted and to try back in mid-September as all info should be added by then.
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

I have always found the prices to be higher thru them. The only time I have ever went into one of the store was when we went to Germany a few years ago. All we bought was eggs because that was the only place there were cheaper and you bought them by the dozen. On the German market they sold them in a 2 pack, 4 pack and 6 pack never saw that before. I do think the prices in the store may be a little cheaper than online
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

sawmill wrote:I have always found the prices to be higher thru them. The only time I have ever went into one of the store was when we went to Germany a few years ago. All we bought was eggs because that was the only place there were cheaper and you bought them by the dozen. On the German market they sold them in a 2 pack, 4 pack and 6 pack never saw that before. I do think the prices in the store may be a little cheaper than online
I think you may be confusing the Exchange with the Commissary. They are not the same thing. The Exchange does not sell groceries.

The Exchange prices are the same whether online or in the store every where in the world.

DeCa, the Defense Commissary Agency is a DOD agency supported by appropriated funds, tax payer dollars. The Exchange is a part of DOD but is funded by non-appropriated funds, it's own profit. No tax payer money although a small amount is appropriated funds for overseas facilities. As I said before their "profit" goes directly back the military MWR fund that supports the troops.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

jsburger wrote:
sawmill wrote:I have always found the prices to be higher thru them. The only time I have ever went into one of the store was when we went to Germany a few years ago. All we bought was eggs because that was the only place there were cheaper and you bought them by the dozen. On the German market they sold them in a 2 pack, 4 pack and 6 pack never saw that before. I do think the prices in the store may be a little cheaper than online
I think you may be confusing the Exchange with the Commissary. They are not the same thing. The Exchange does not sell groceries.

The Exchange prices are the same whether online or in the store every where in the world.

DeCa, the Defense Commissary Agency is a DOD agency supported by appropriated funds, tax payer dollars. The Exchange is a part of DOD but is funded by non-appropriated funds, it's own profit. No tax payer money although a small amount is appropriated funds for overseas facilities. As I said before their "profit" goes directly back the military MWR fund that supports the troops.
Correct you are. We went to the commissary and then to the PX. Glad someone is keeping me thinking
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

When you go to the http://www.vetverify.org web site there is a menu line at the top of the page where you can click on links to learn "About" the program, FAQs, Eligibility, The Benefit, and Public Relations. Those links will answer a lot of questions.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
Skizzity
Gold Member

Post by Skizzity »

I got an email this morning saying...."
You have been invited to beta test the Veterans online shopping benefit,
which grants you early access to shopmyexchange.com"
I got my account created. Time to support MWR online.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
PowerPro Mark 7, 11" Bandsaw, 4" Jointer, 12" Professional Planer, DC3300 Dust Collector, DW745, DW718 w/ DW723 and a DW788 w/ DW7880.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Skizzity wrote:I got an email this morning saying...."
You have been invited to beta test the Veterans online shopping benefit,
which grants you early access to shopmyexchange.com"
I got my account created. Time to support MWR online.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
Way cool! :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Back on June 23th I started an "inquiry" after following a confusing trail that was documented on their site. I was assigned a number and told to expect a reply in 5 days (assuming working days).

Today I got the rely, and well I count 16 working days but close enough. The basics of the reply was:

"Recently you requested assistance from VA. Below is our response.

If you wish to reopen this issue, you may do so within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response By Email (Department of Veterans Affairs) (07/18/2017 09:28 AM)
Mr. Reible,

The Department of Defense (DoD) authorized the Veteran online shopping benefit. DoD extended the exchange online offering to a Veteran with an honorable and under general honorable conditions discharge. We received your Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS) inquiry requesting to be added to Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) for VetVerify. DoD requires verification of military service before a Veteran can be added to DEERS. The Department of Veterans Affairs does not have a record of your military service.

Please send a copy of your separation documents or DD-214 (character of discharge must be shown) and driver's license to eBenefits.VBACO@va.gov. Please include the inquiry number on your email. You will be notified when you have been added to DEERS.

Thank you for your service."

So I have done the next step.

Just to make sure my records are some where I requested a copy from the National Personnel Records Center (National Archives) and received certified copies. At least I know the information is not total lost.

I just love this stuff.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed, just so that I fully understand.

You were able to get verification of service through the National Personnel Records Center (National Archives) but the VA was not able to verify service.

SAD state of affairs.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dusty wrote:Ed, just so that I fully understand.

You were able to get verification of service through the National Personnel Records Center (National Archives) but the VA was not able to verify service.

SAD state of affairs.
Yes you have it.

I was able to be verified for Lowe's mylowes card discount using what ever system they use.

I was able to be verified to get my veteran designation on my state drivers license after a trip to the local va office to get the form stamped and signed.

I was able to get copies from the record center.

When I applied for Social Security they were able to access my records of service so I did not have to bring a copy in to show, it was done by phone only.

One country many data bases.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]