table

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

hobbies
Gold Member

table

Post by hobbies »

I have a mark VII has two saw blades cut outs can anyone tell me what the other cut out is for ?
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: table

Post by rpd »

hobbies wrote:I have a mark VII has two saw blades cut outs can anyone tell me what the other cut out is for ?
When you are setting the fence for rip cuts there is a range of measurements where the fence would be straddling the main table and the support table. In those instances you can position the blade in the second slot and have the fence only on the main table. ;)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: table

Post by JPG »

It is somewhat* redundant with the Mark VII since the extension table can act as an adjustable direct extension to the main table. It is a carry over from the Mark 5.

* there are still rip widths which cannot be attained without straddling the two tables. Since the aux table legs are fixed to the table, precise alignment that would allow accurate bridging with the rip fence is unlikely(nigh impossible).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange