What is happening at Shopsmith???

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

heathicus
Platinum Member

Re: What is happening at Shopsmith???

Post by heathicus »

godavid2 wrote:That is what I am wondering, what I missing here, Ed? If I go to the service parts and see a price for a part which is suppose to be the regular price and then I see SS post a special sale item with the same price it just does not seem to the same to me. I would post a screen shot but I think anybody can go to the dust collector service parts list on this website and see for themselves if they care to see for themselves.
Everybody IS looking and nobody else is seeing what you say you're seeing. People have even posted their own screen shots which show something other than what you say you're seeing. Do those screen shots not match what you see?

I have a feeling it's a misunderstanding somewhere. If you posted screen shots of what you're seeing, it may help clear things up.
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I think I now see what he is seeing, I think.

You see the 8' Black Hose for $18.82 here: http://www.shopsmith.com/service/dc3300 ... s_list.htm and reading the price in that parts list as "the regular retail price". Maybe it is and maybe it is not. The special offer shows the original price as $26.89 and it is lined out and replaced by $18.82.

The advertisement in the "special offer (s)" Indicates to me that it is not. Here is where I wish I had a "hard copy" catalog.
Capture Black HoseService Parts List.JPG
Capture Black HoseService Parts List.JPG (132.84 KiB) Viewed 6225 times
POSSIBLE LESSON LEARNED: Read before you ponce!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

From what I am reading here David is looking at the Service Parts listings and not the Product Catalog listings. I don't think they change the price in the Service Parts listings for sales, but a part number on sale should show up with the sale price in your shopping cart at checkout.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Bingo! Parts listing!
dc hose parts listing.jpg
dc hose parts listing.jpg (114.21 KiB) Viewed 6211 times
Will be interesting to see if it reverts back the the 'regular price' soon.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
godavid2
Gold Member

Post by godavid2 »

JPG has posted a screen shot of what I have been trying to convey to this forum. The service parts list has the regular pricing of the dust collect parts that SS is trying to get people to believe that these parts are a special bargain and according to the service price list this is false advertising. Now what could happen after the sale which ended on the 22nd the prices could very well go up. After seeing what JPG wrote "that he is waiting to see if the pricing changes back I'm almost convince that this will happen soon.
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

I'm pretty certain that list is reflecting the current price, whether it's a regular price or a sale price. Having some experience with web development, I believe that information is pulled from a database so the current accurate price is always reflected. When they have a price change, they change it in the database and that is automatically and immediately updated everywhere it is listed on the web site. That saves them a lot of hassle with upkeep of the site, and keeps the information to customers accurate. The visual design of that one condensed price listing doesn't indicate if the price listed is "regular" or "sale" as it does elsewhere. It just reflects whatever the current price is. That's just a guess. But if I were building the site, that's how I would build it, so it's what makes sense to me.
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration