Best Use of Cabinates

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Here's some more - -
In order to mount the shelves, hangers, drawers, you have to make a champher on the upper back edge, above the hooks. this will allow the hanger to get close enough to the peg board for the "L" hook to slide in a hole. (see the last photo on page 1)
Attachments
HPIM1789.jpg
HPIM1789.jpg (128.88 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
HPIM1791.jpg
HPIM1791.jpg (109.67 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
SS_storage_cabinet.jpg
SS_storage_cabinet.jpg (136.32 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
Library_-_cabinet_-_outside.jpg
Library_-_cabinet_-_outside.jpg (135.4 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
HPIM1787.jpg
HPIM1787.jpg (128.64 KiB) Viewed 2530 times
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
knottythumbs
Silver Member

tool and accessory holder

Post by knottythumbs »

GREAT samples, I've begun the shop redux.

I've been watching the Maintenance and Alignment DVD from Rick Davis and see he has some sort of wooden shelf built/attached under his lower the lower rail of his SS to hold the sanding disks, lathe tools, etc. Anyone have a template or plan for this?
Knottythumbs
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

knottythumbs wrote:GREAT samples, I've begun the shop redux.

I've been watching the Maintenance and Alignment DVD from Rick Davis and see he has some sort of wooden shelf built/attached under his lower the lower rail of his SS to hold the sanding disks, lathe tools, etc. Anyone have a template or plan for this?
You could make your own, and I think that there are plans around, but here is the one that Rick used: http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/catalog/mvmisc_accesoryshelf.htm
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
knottythumbs
Silver Member

Accessory shelf

Post by knottythumbs »

Thanks for the picture, I plan to make my own. How does it attach to the SS? Anyone got a template? If not, I'll plot my own this week.
Knottythumbs
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

knottythumbs wrote:Thanks for the picture, I plan to make my own. How does it attach to the SS? Anyone got a template? If not, I'll plot my own this week.
With lag bolts through holes in the legs,
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
andeehunt
Bronze Member

Post by andeehunt »

Well Knotty nice to see that you got many recommendations on what to do and how to do for renovating your garage into a shop. A long time before this conversation was going on and by this time your garage would have been successfully converted into a shop. I am more likely interested to view the pics of the modified cabinets. So if possible please do upload the pics as it may be useful to me in my day to day work.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.