Are these Shopsmith accessories?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

donpol
Gold Member

Are these Shopsmith accessories?

Post by donpol »

I have a few items that came with a 10er I bought. I can't find them in any of the paperwork I have. I'm hoping someone can tell me if they are Shopsmith accessories or some other brand.
Attachments
Lamp
Lamp
Shopsmith lamp.jpg (151.2 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Clamp
Clamp
Clamp.jpg (120.87 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Coupling
Coupling
Coupling.jpg (206.86 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
Coupling close up
Coupling close up
Coupling close up.jpg (104.53 KiB) Viewed 8468 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Are these Shopsmith accessories?

Post by jsburger »

donpol wrote:I have a few items that came with a 10er I bought. I can't find them in any of the paperwork I have. I'm hoping someone can tell me if they are Shopsmith accessories or some other brand.
The lamp is not Shopsmith. You can see a SS lamp in the attached picture.

The second picture I believe is a clamp from the Magna set of stock hold downs. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. :)

The third picture is the flexible coupler used to connect the A-34 jig saw to the 10ER spindle.
Attachments
IMAG0070.jpg
IMAG0070.jpg (209.64 KiB) Viewed 8459 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

John is totally correct on the first two. The clamp is shown below.
Universal Hold Down
Universal Hold Down
IMG_0645cb.jpg (278.19 KiB) Viewed 8417 times
The Third item is not a Shopsmith/Magna part but if it is the correct size is a substitute for the coupler to connect the Jig Saw to the Model 10's spindle.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

chapmanruss wrote:John is totally correct on the first two. The clamp is shown below.
IMG_0645cb.jpg

The Third item is not a Shopsmith/Magna part but if it is the correct size is a substitute for the coupler to connect the Jig Saw to the Model 10's spindle.

That is what I thought but forgot to mention it. Lovejoy makes couplers today that will work.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

donpol,

I should have been clearer before. From the other pictures I see one end has a sleeve in it. To work as a replacement for the coupler for the Jig Saw on a Model 10 it needs to have a 5/8" bore on both ends. The original coupler is 1-7/8" long and 1-3/16" diameter. Sorry I did not give you these dimensions before. If a replacement is too long, to large in diameter or has the wrong size bore it will not work.
Russ

Mark V 520
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
BobCoates1953
Gold Member

Post by BobCoates1953 »

The Lovejoy coupling works. I got one "just in case" the original fails for my son.
Info from sale receipt:
2 required: L070x .625 1024 These have a keyway but not really needed.
Bore 5/8 hub od 1.36 max rpm 3600.
1 required: L070 10406 spider solid center

Since there are 3 pieces I put clear duck tape around them (so son won't loose them :) ).
Test fitted and ran, didn't see any problems
Cost was less then 20.

Bob
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Bob,
He was just trying to identify the parts and not looking for other options. I posted the clarification based on the pictures in his eBay ad.
Russ

Mark V 520