Re: How to Post a Picture

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Bump to top.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Bump to top.
Maybe it should be a sticky since many have a problem with this. Including me in the beginning. At least it would be easier to reference.

ADMIN!!!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Wes7373
Gold Member

Post by Wes7373 »

You know I have a heck of a time posting photos. I take the photos with my iPhone so I usually post from there, but every time I try to add a photo to a posting it tells me it is this many pixels too high or too wide. I usually then have to try to crop the photo about 15 times to make it fit the requirements. Suggestions?
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Wes7373 wrote:You know I have a heck of a time posting photos. I take the photos with my iPhone so I usually post from there, but every time I try to add a photo to a posting it tells me it is this many pixels too high or too wide. I usually then have to try to crop the photo about 15 times to make it fit the requirements. Suggestions?
Reduce the resolution of the camera in the phone. You will probably have to try different resolutions until you find the one that produces suitable sized pictures.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Wes7373 wrote:You know I have a heck of a time posting photos. I take the photos with my iPhone so I usually post from there, but every time I try to add a photo to a posting it tells me it is this many pixels too high or too wide. I usually then have to try to crop the photo about 15 times to make it fit the requirements. Suggestions?
Someone lead me to the app "image size" which allows resizing photos, I have not tried it to post here but I have used it for mail. I can give it a try here sometime or perhaps you might want to check it out yourself.

Another difference between iPhone and Android that I needed to adapt to.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

You might be able to post images from your iPhone if you can reduce resolution on your iPhoe camera. I don't know. I use an Android.

But, if you can down load to your computer and you use Windows, I should think the Windows resize function would do the trick.

Which operating system and which browser are you currently using?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Testing image
42344DF3-AB08-42D9-B354-FD150E4071DC.jpeg
42344DF3-AB08-42D9-B354-FD150E4071DC.jpeg (140.74 KiB) Viewed 33856 times
Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

OK it looks like it works fine. The above picture has been resized and rotated on my iphone and posted from it. I'm now back on my computer to see how it looks and to get on with life. So there is at least one solution for you.

Ed
Wes7373
Gold Member

Post by Wes7373 »

Ed, how did you resize it on the iPhone? did you use the crop function in the edit function?
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

Wes7373 wrote:Ed, how did you resize it on the iPhone? did you use the crop function in the edit function?
I have an Android phone, but looking on Google it looks like if you email the photo to yourself the resolution will be automatically reduced.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,