YIKES!!

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

YIKES!!

Post by wa2crk »

Last Tuesday I went to gas up my truck at $2.35 per gallon. Two days later I went past the same station and it was $2.69.
Can you spell P R I C E G O U G I N G. Just because of the Holiday. Nothing like taking advantage.
Bill V
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: YIKES!!

Post by jsburger »

Gas here in Utah is $2.97 but that is still cheaper than it used to be. It did not change for the holiday. The thing that is odd is that diesel has been cheaper than gas for 4 or 5 months. I can't remember the last time diesel was cheaper than gas. Has anyone else seen this?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Yep. Diesel is cheaper than gas in this part of AZ, too. Gas is $2.86. Diesel is $2.79. Diesel prices don't seem to vary as much as gas does. Note: those were yesterday's prices. Who knows what they'll be Monday.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

They blame the gas price increase on Iran and the refinery fire in Philadelphia
WileyCoyote
Gold Member

Post by WileyCoyote »

Here in Ohio the new gas taxes kicked in on July 1. An additional $.10 on regular gas and $.19 on diesel. Diesel is still a little higher than regular here.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

I read that Illinois gas tax just doubled. And, it's tied to the CPI so, it goes up every year hereafter.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

we just got hit with the new gas tax , the gov needed a raise ! they sure didnt waste any time .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Gene Howe wrote:I read that Illinois gas tax just doubled. And, it's tied to the CPI so, it goes up every year hereafter.

But more than likely a different CPI than whats used for paychecks.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Just got gas today, paid $2.869. The diesel was 2.979.

Yes our gas tax just doubled here in IL. It just the beginning of the new governors plan to cause a lot more of us to go broke. If you get 15 gallons of gas a week that amounts to about $3 more taxes then times 52 you get $156 for the year. Use more gas well you will get hit harder and yes it all set to go up each year forever. Not sure if I can afford to live in this new state of tax.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Post by moggymatt »

Out here in WA there thinking of taxing by the mile. Lucky me, I'm 20+ miles from work, out in the country, as far away from the knot heads thinking up these screwy ways to get more of my money as I can.
Paul B