jointer

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

whwilton
Silver Member

Jointer

Post by whwilton »

Thanks for the helpful responses. I am in the finishing phase of this job now but I will try packing the jointer in a few days.

The temp. has been in the teens for days with no end in sight and I am having a hell of a job keeping my shop warm.

Thanks again for the help, Bill
Ron309753
Gold Member

Post by Ron309753 »

jpg40504,

You can add a Jointer Dust Chute Retro-fit Kit (part # 555077) to your jointer. It's on sale right now for $29.09. Without the dust chute the chips should fall straight down under the cutter head. With the dust chute the chips should fly out to the left through the chute. You can hook up a dust collection unit or a shopvac to the chute.

Ron309753
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Ron

Your key word is SHOULD. I have the dust chute installed and the chips fly out from under the infeed table. :eek:
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
whwilton
Silver Member

Post by whwilton »

This is the part that does not work.
JPG
Platinum Member

jointer chip chute

Post by JPG »

Hello!! The part that is not working is the "CHUTE". I do NOT have a problem with chips squirting out from under the infeed table. I do NOT have a chute at all.

Think about the task at hand.

The cutter head slices off a small piece wood of and forces it towards the infeed table!
The chute attempts to alter the direction the chips are traveling.
IFF sufficient air flow exists through the chute a "vacuum" system will assist this alteration of direction.
This air flow MUST come from the proper path.
I assume most of the air flow is down past the cutter head from above.
MAYBE you need some air flow from the infeed side????

Just some thoughtful rambling by someone who does NOT have your problem!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange