Power Station

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Dansmith
Gold Member

Re: Power Station

Post by Dansmith »

algale wrote:Given the frequent appearance of cheap Mark 5s out there in Craigslist land that can be converted to a mini/shorty, do folks really think the Power Station offers an advantage?
The only advantage is a smaller footprint, if that is what you need.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Dansmith wrote:
algale wrote:Given the frequent appearance of cheap Mark 5s out there in Craigslist land that can be converted to a mini/shorty, do folks really think the Power Station offers an advantage?
The only advantage is a smaller footprint, if that is what you need.
The power STAND has an even smaller footprint.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

Clearly I don't really know the difference between the Power Stand and Crafters version. Can one of you, who have way more knowledge of SS products/history, sketch out the differences or maybe pics? And perhaps one of you can direct me to a thread that provides detailed info a making a shorty? I must say that floor space is the resource in my little shop that is the rarest. Thanks again!
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

berry wrote:Clearly I don't really know the difference between the Power Stand and Crafters version. Can one of you, who have way more knowledge of SS products/history, sketch out the differences or maybe pics? And perhaps one of you can direct me to a thread that provides detailed info a making a shorty? I must say that floor space is the resource in my little shop that is the rarest. Thanks again!
Power Station and Crafters Station http://shopsmith-tool-hunter.blogspot.c ... fters.html

Power Stand http://www.lhdigest.com/SS/MANUALS/OTHE ... 513963.pdf
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

berry wrote:Clearly I don't really know the difference between the Power Stand and Crafters version. Can one of you, who have way more knowledge of SS products/history, sketch out the differences or maybe pics? And perhaps one of you can direct me to a thread that provides detailed info a making a shorty? I must say that floor space is the resource in my little shop that is the rarest. Thanks again!
The Crafters Station was short lived in production. Don't know why. The Power Station is still available. The two are very similar. The primary differences are 1) the crafters station can be fitted with a main table thus can be a table saw 2) the crafters station has a reversible motor and motor contol. The reversible motor is required to support both the table saw and then all the other SPT.
Power Station with (SPT) Bandsaw Mounted
Power Station with (SPT) Bandsaw Mounted
P7270005.JPG (156.47 KiB) Viewed 8340 times
Power Station configured with 520 Tables
Power Station configured with 520 Tables
P7270006.JPG (144.86 KiB) Viewed 8340 times
Crafters Station (Left), Power Station (Right)
Crafters Station (Left), Power Station (Right)
P7270003.JPG (153.57 KiB) Viewed 8340 times
The Power Stands (pictured else where in this thread) is simply a platform (equipped with an appropriately sized motor) onto which one can mount the Shopsmith SPT. You can see a Power Stand (vaguely) in the background of these other pictures.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.