Wannigan/Cooler Build

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Re: Wannigan/Cooler Build

Post by algale »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:
BTW, last Sunday my wife and I went on a 7-mile river paddle, in a rented canoe. Just Class I rapids, but good exercise and plenty of rocks to maneuver between.
Dennis, it takes courage to get into a tandem canoe with one's spouse! They call them "divorce boats" because the uninitiated don't understand it takes correction strokes by the stern paddler to paddle in a straight line. So the couple usually take turns blaming each other as they zig zag down the river/lake.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

algale wrote:
BuckeyeDennis wrote:
BTW, last Sunday my wife and I went on a 7-mile river paddle, in a rented canoe. Just Class I rapids, but good exercise and plenty of rocks to maneuver between.
Dennis, it takes courage to get into a tandem canoe with one's spouse! They call them "divorce boats" because the uninitiated don't understand it takes correction strokes by the stern paddler to paddle in a straight line. So the couple usually take turns blaming each other as they zig zag down the river/lake.
“Divorce boat” is a new term for me, LOL.

We did fine. I took the stern seat, and told my wife that she could paddle on whichever side she wanted, as long as she didn’t switch constantly. Later, I amended that to include “or switch just as we’re approaching rocks”. That left me with plenty of control for this particular river.
artman60
Gold Member

Post by artman60 »

I was researching info on the i-box for the Shopsmith, when I found this thread. AWESOME! Great thread, interesting to read and very informative. Thank you to everyone who posted.
The clock of life is wound but once.