Well Maintained Model ER

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

SeanPelfrey
Bronze Member

Re: Well Maintained Model ER

Post by SeanPelfrey »

DrillpressII.jpg
DrillpressII.jpg (224.22 KiB) Viewed 4087 times
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Your first picture made me wonder if you are trying to turn that board or drill a hole in it. As for "a good all around chuck" as you asked you will probably get many different opinions/answers. I have the standard Lathe Drive, Screw Drive and Face Plates for my Shopsmiths. If you want to use any of them, any era of the Shopsmith brand ones will work from the Model 10's to the Mark series machines. I also have the Nova G3 chuck and find it works well for me. Others with more turning experience than I have will give their recommendations too. What kind of projects you want to do will also influence what you may need or want.

By the way your Model 10ER does look like it has been well kept.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
SeanPelfrey
Bronze Member

Post by SeanPelfrey »

Hey Russ
I couldn't figure out how to get the pic to rotate so I just left it like it was :)

It has been years since I have done a lot of turning and I am looking at trying my hand at some bowls and also would like to do some spheres for an idea I have for awards for the Highland Games.

I appriciate the feedback and information.

Sean