Missing In Action

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rjent
Platinum Member

Re: Missing In Action

Post by rjent »

Ed in Tampa wrote:Many agree that scripture says we have 3 score and 10 or 70 years
Well I am 73 so I guess I am on borrowed time. :eek:
Thank you Lord!
I don't know if that is comforting or not. :confused:

I am 69 with 70 looming in March ... :D
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

I was just recently thinking about some members who's names I don't clearly recall, they were just here regular. I kind of come and go at times depending on what life is tossing our way at the time but I do try to keep most stuff read. I am kind of active on maybe 80 to 100 groups of one kind or the other, a dozen of which I manage. Most of them are antique tractor or farming related, some are woodworking, some are related to the shoe repair trade and leather working etc. Several I operate are genealogy related and trying to keep up good contact with widely scattered geographically family branches. My family tree has 3,000 people in it. It get pretty hard to keep up with names sometimes. Just last week I learned that a guy I had been internet friends with for many years had passed a couple of years ago. We were the kind of friends that sometimes talked often then would get quiet for a year or so then start back up. I went looking for him and found that his family had converted his website to a memorial. :( In most cases I don't hear about those that pass, they just stop posting. I got on the internet about 1994 and some of these folks have been internet friends since back then. That's about 26 years...

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

[quote="Ed in Tampa"]Many agree that scripture says we have 3 score and 10 or 70 years
Well I am 73 so I guess I am

If thee are on borrowed time, I must be bankrupt time wise. :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

JPG wrote:
Ed in Tampa wrote:Many agree that scripture says we have 3 score and 10 or 70 years

Same here. But, we keep using that line of credit right?
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

JPG wrote:

Same here. But, we keep using that line of credit right?
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

I will turn 80 at the end of July. So, am I bankrupt? Hope not but I have withdrawn a lot of my life's capital.
Bill V
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

I employ a man that is 90 plus years young. He did stop skiing two years ago, but took up snowmobiling. Fast snowmobiling! Carry on...you're not dead yet!
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe