Manual for a Magna air sprayer/ compressor

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Manual for a Magna air sprayer/ compressor

Post by chapmanruss »

Good Morning Everett,

I have an Owner's Manual for the Shopsmith Air System copyright 1990 which is the Campbell Hausfeld compressor. I will try to get that copied as JPG's and sent to you next week.

I also have the Owners Guide for the Magna Sprayer Cat. No. EM 9063-M5-1:55. I believe this is the first Owner's Guide for it since the Magna Sprayer was introduced in 1955. The only PDF copy I have is Bulletin 508998 for Item Number 505643 from Magna American which must be from 1964 or later. Note the Bulletin and Item Numbers.

jcmullican,

Which Air Compressor do you actually have. The ones painted green or gold from the mid 1950's to the 1960's are the Magna Sprayer made by Magna Engineering/Magna Power Tool Corporation, Yuba Power Products and Magna American Corporation. The ones from Shopsmith Inc. were made by Campbell Hausfeld and have their name on the label too. The original Magna Sprayer is below followed by the Shopsmith/Campbell Hausfeld Air System.
Original Magna Air Compressor
Original Magna Air Compressor
Model DM with Hose r.jpg (199.34 KiB) Viewed 8444 times
Shopsmith/Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
Shopsmith/Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
Shopsmith CH Compressor.jpg (203.58 KiB) Viewed 8444 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Thanks Russ,

I will work to restore them next.

Pleas send to ShopsmithHistorian@gmail.com if you would be so kind.

Everett
gold4us21
Bronze Member

Post by gold4us21 »

I'm not sure if I am reaching the right people, but here it goes. I am a Shopsmith owner of 30+ years. I took my Mark V model 505 through the upgrades to where I now have a Mark 7. I own many of the SPT's and buy older ones to refurbish and resale, hoping to get new people excited in Shopsmith.
I recently acquired a Air System Compressor from the 90's. the seller didn't have the owners manual. Is there someplace I can find the manual for it? I have checked Facebook and Vintage Machinery, but didn't have any luck. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for the manual.

Jeff
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

gold4us21 wrote:I'm not sure if I am reaching the right people, but here it goes. I am a Shopsmith owner of 30+ years. I took my Mark V model 505 through the upgrades to where I now have a Mark 7. I own many of the SPT's and buy older ones to refurbish and resale, hoping to get new people excited in Shopsmith.
I recently acquired a Air System Compressor from the 90's. the seller didn't have the owners manual. Is there someplace I can find the manual for it? I have checked Facebook and Vintage Machinery, but didn't have any luck. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for the manual.

Jeff
Go to the first post under Maintenance and Repair, entitled "Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More". Then click on the red My Google Drive link. Scroll down through the Google Drive directory until you see the "MAGNA Air Compressor" folder. There should find a manual for one of the compressor variants.
gold4us21
Bronze Member

Post by gold4us21 »

Thank you, but i don't see the Campbell Hausfeld version from the late 80's or early 90's. Am I not looking in the right area?
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

gold4us21 wrote:Thank you, but i don't see the Campbell Hausfeld version from the late 80's or early 90's. Am I not looking in the right area?
A bit earlier in this thread, the manual for that compressor was discussed, and it sounds as if a digital copy of it will be forthcoming. Hopefully Everett or Russ can give you an update on that.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Currently Everett only has the original Magna Sprayer Manual on his Google Drive. I copied the Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor manual from the 1990's and sent it to Everett in late March. I do not know where he is on getting that to his Google Drive. He has a number of these manual projects he has been working on. The JPG format pages are to large to post here but if you need specific information I may be able to help with that.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

chapmanruss wrote:Currently Everett only has the original Magna Sprayer Manual on his Google Drive. I copied the Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor manual from the 1990's and sent it to Everett in late March. I do not know where he is on getting that to his Google Drive. He has a number of these manual projects he has been working on. The JPG format pages are to large to post here but if you need specific information I may be able to help with that.
Russ I emailed via ShopsmithHistorian email a screenshot of every file received from you. The Air compressor is not among them. Please review what you’ve sent compared to what I have received for restoration.

Thanks for all you have done for all of us.

Kindest Regards,

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I received the last file from Russ this weekend and have posted the Campbell Hausfeld Shopsmith 1990 Compressor manual in its own folder under My Google Drive.

Shopsmith 1990 Air System by Cambell Hausfeld manual v 1.01.pdf is in folder titled: Shopsmith 1990 Air System

Everett