Dead power pro power supply?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

number3456
Gold Member

Dead power pro power supply?

Post by number3456 »

Well nuts, it appears the power supply on my power pro is shot. Was ripping a plank and the low voltage came on and saw stopped. Turned it off and started it up and same thing. Then a pop it came on then quit again. Another pop and then nothing, nothing on the screen. I was hoping I had a bad switch but no such luck. Looks like I will need to call the mothership tomorrow unless anyone has another idea?

I only had this 2 1/2 years. Suppose too much to ask if it is under warranty?
520 now upgraded to Mark 7, 520 "shorty", 500 converted to a dedicated drill press.
2 - bandsaws, jig saw, belt sander, strip sander, 4" Jointer, planer, air compressor.
ClearVue dust collection system.
bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Dead power pro power supply?

Post by bainin »

That pop sound is what put mine out of commission for 6 months.
Driver board went bad- the took it back, shipped it to FL, got repaired and shipped it back. This right when Covid came on-hopefully turn around will be faster for you.

The repair, out of warranty was $350 on mine.

I wish you luck !
TonyB1649
Silver Member

Re: Dead power pro power supply?

Post by TonyB1649 »

I think since covid closed much down including SS. If you owned this 21/2 years now in March It should have been covered under the two year warranty. What is ridiculous is that you will have to spend money to send the headstock in when you could just receive a new electronic board and repair yourself. Good luck let us know what happens.