NTN bearing numbers for 510 and 520 machines

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

TonyB1649
Silver Member

NTN bearing numbers for 510 and 520 machines

Post by TonyB1649 »

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, but a long time shopsmith owner. I am in the process of rebuilding two 510 machines. I would like to go to the bearing supplier with the ntn number for the bearings I need. I would like to change the quill bearing, one has two bearings and another quill the single.
Also the bearing numbers on the drive bearings on the part that attaches to the quill.
Lastly the bearing for the part that attaches to the speed control with the clip.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: NTN bearing numbers for 510 and 520 machines

Post by rpd »

TonyB1649 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, but a long time shopsmith owner. I am in the process of rebuilding two 510 machines. I would like to go to the bearing supplier with the ntn number for the bearings I need. I would like to change the quill bearing, one has two bearings and another quill the single.
Also the bearing numbers on the drive bearings on the part that attaches to the quill.
Lastly the bearing for the part that attaches to the speed control with the clip.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Open the "sticky" post (Shopsmith Large Format Drawings, Illustrations and More) at the top of this (Maintenance and Repair) forum.
In the first post, click on the red "My Google Drive", open the folder "Bearings". :)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: NTN bearing numbers for 510 and 520 machines

Post by everettdavis »

You may find the Shopsmith Bearing Guide Of help.

It covers more than Bearings, but procedures and techniques as well.

It’s in the Bearings folders under the My Google Drive link in the following post.

Everett

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 90#p185690