Stimulus Check

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Stimulus Check

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:52 am
dusty wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:48 pm
garys wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:42 pm The way USPS is struggling right now to deliver things on time Dusty, you should have the check before Christmas. :)
If I am lucky!
I am not lucky and it is not the fault of the post office.

It looks like my stimulus is now being delayed by the inactions of our Government. $600 or $1000 or $1400 or $2000 or nothing. They don't seem to know how much (if any) or when.

I really feel for those who need this help the most.
Why would that be? :confused: Where did you come up with that conclusion. Did the IRS send you an email stating that? The $600 amount has been passed. People are getting it. All the other amounts are speculation and not in law. The government is not holding $600 checks because of future legislation.

Please explain why you are being singled out for non payment.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I just got mine last week. I assume the method of either SS payments or IRS refund payments can affect the timing. I got a paper check in the mail. I got a tax refund also in the mail. My SS is direct deposit. The previous stimulus payment arrived the same way.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:30 pm
dusty wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:52 am
dusty wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:48 pm
If I am lucky!
I am not lucky and it is not the fault of the post office.

It looks like my stimulus is now being delayed by the inactions of our Government. $600 or $1000 or $1400 or $2000 or nothing. They don't seem to know how much (if any) or when.

I really feel for those who need this help the most.
Why would that be? :confused: Where did you come up with that conclusion. Did the IRS send you an email stating that? The $600 amount has been passed. [font=][font=]SOME[/font][/font] People are getting it. All the other amounts are speculation and not in law. The government is not holding $600 checks because of future legislation.

Please explain why you are being singled out for non payment.
I did not say that I was being singled out. I said I was being impacted by the inactions of others (the Government). I'll get mine - someday. My neighbors will get theirs - someday but they really need theirs "yesterday".

This is what I have for status:

Payment #2 Status - Not Available

We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
You're not eligible for a payment.

This was the status yesterday.

Then from another source:

Claim a Recovery Rebate Credit

If you don’t get the full amount of the Economic Impact Payments, you may be eligible for a Recovery Rebate Credit.

This last statement ultimately means that if the stimulus is not received during this distribution - you'll get it eventually but it may be as a credit against your taxes next year.

Some people who really need it now simply cannot wait for how ever long that may take.

No, I am not being singled out but I am not one of the 80% either.

An IRS press release intended to pat themselves on the back stated that 80% of the tax payers will get their stimulus by direct deposit and that those will occur before January 15th. Those that do not may have to utilize the Recovery Rebate Credit.

I don't know who is included in the 20% other than myself and my neighbor but that is a lot of people waiting - some of them needing help desperately. Due to the inactions of others (the Government).
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

We have not seen our checks yet. The site says they were to be mailed Jan 6. No idea if that happened but with the mail service experiences I have had lately it seems like it could be in the mail somewhere. Still no idea why it was mailed since the first ones were direct deposit??? Anyway no mail today or Monday so it will be at least Tuesday before it could arrive.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

reible wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 am We have not seen our checks yet. The site says they were to be mailed Jan 6. No idea if that happened but with the mail service experiences I have had lately it seems like it could be in the mail somewhere. Still no idea why it was mailed since the first ones were direct deposit??? Anyway no mail today or Monday so it will be at least Tuesday before it could arrive.

Ed
It's not all due to the post office. Do some research into "Recovery Rebate Credit" and read a bit between the lines.

As for you, having received a notification of date to be mailed - I suggest that you will receive an EIP card. This is almost as good as a direct deposit but it is not the same.

Had you not received notification of an anticipated mail date - I suspect that you would become familiar with the Recovery Rebate Credit.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

reible wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 am We have not seen our checks yet. The site says they were to be mailed Jan 6. No idea if that happened...
Ours is exactly the same. "We scheduled your payment to be mailed on January 6, 2021..." That's not a very useful status, seems like it should be updated to say whether or not they actually mailed it. My guess would be they did not mail it on Jan 6.

- David
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

They sent me a debit card last week.
AEA
Gold Member

Post by AEA »

Little uneasy about the blanket send everyone money stimulus deal.
I haven't really been impacted financially by this and I know some have lost their business and are really struggling.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

The "send everybody" deal is probably best because the people who need it least are the ones paying the most in taxes and will be paying it back the most too in the future once the Government realizes that the bill is due.

Even better than "send everybody" deals would be "send nobody" deals. That way we don't increase the debt that has to be paid back.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

DLB wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 am
reible wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 am We have not seen our checks yet. The site says they were to be mailed Jan 6. No idea if that happened...
Ours is exactly the same. "We scheduled your payment to be mailed on January 6, 2021..." That's not a very useful status, seems like it should be updated to say whether or not they actually mailed it. My guess would be they did not mail it on Jan 6.

- David
Since you "were scheduled" I think you will get either a paper check or a "debit card" over the next few days. If not, I then believe you and I will be in the same boat - "Apply for Rebate Credit" against your tax bill which certainly won't happen until; sometime after you send in your taxes.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty